Job Description and Responsibilities:|
Accountable for providing leadership in developing, gaining support for, and implementing the strategies and plans to attract, select, and acquire talent to meet business needs and enhance diversity in PSEG. Work with the businesses to design and implement staffing tactics and programs to determine the optimal mix of internal and external staffing activity in order to maximize performance for the organization. Lead the longer term workforce development strategy to ensure a pipeline of talent for future business needs.
The Director will provide overall direction and management for full-cycle recruiting strategy, diversity outreach, workforce development and pipeline planning, guidelines and procedures concerning staffing best practices, systems, and methodology; maintain up to date knowledge of recruiting issues and trends within the energy industry and beyond; establish rapport of line managers, executives and peers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Work to enhance visibility and reputation in key recruiting channels while positioning PSEG as an employer of choice. Represent PSEG on industry workforce planning task forces and other pipeline efforts. Build partnerships, develop and maintains strong relationships that include outreach to schools, institutions of higher learning (all college recruiting), target diversity organizations, professional organizations, and other recruiting sources to ensure sourcing produces a strong talent pipeline. Also responsible for management of the pre-employment testing process and relocation services.
Direct staffing team in the recruitment, screening and interviewing of internal and external candidates for administrative, support staff, skilled trades, professional, technical, executive and management positions. Serve as an advisor to senior leadership. Enlists support from the business for talent attraction, networking, and diversity and inclusion engagement initiatives, and leverages EEO / AAP/ compliance strategies and goals. Ensure EEO compliance and maintain current knowledge of relevant employment laws.
Develop, implement and monitor metrics to assess the overall effectiveness of initiatives and programs to support the organization’s talent acquisition goals and objectives. Identify, implement and monitor best practices related to staffing (e.g. e-recruiting, automated tracking systems, other recruiting activities) to increase recruiting efficiency and quality, while decreasing cycle-time to fill positions. Requires presentation delivery, communication plans to key constituents, and use of technology to ensure efficient and service oriented approaches.
Partners with other HR Centers of Excellence and Client Relations teams.
Minimum 8 years experience in HR recruiting/staffing/talent acquisition and/or diversity and outreach/workforce development
Strong organizational and project management skills
- Leadership experience establishing effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated success building a recruiting team including people, goals, processes and metrics
- Demonstrated success developing and deploying creative, effective candidate pipeline development methodologies and effective outreach strategies
- Strong work ethic; bias toward action, implementation
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities and business acumen
- Advanced consulting and influencing skills, with superior ability to influence senior and key stakeholders
- Strong track record of delivery of initiatives that achieve change and produce results
- Knowledge of employment law and EEO/AA
- Highly collaborative
- Direct experience in negotiating and managing outsourced vendor relationships
- SPHR certification
- CIR (Certified Internet Recruiter), CDR (Certified Diversity Recruiter)
- M.A., M.S., or M.B.A. degree in related field (ex: HR Management)
- Management at the “corporate” level of a large company
- Successful experience managing client relationships
- Energy industry experience
- Experience operating in a union environment within collective bargaining ag
PSEG - 16 months ago
Power player PSEG Power does not play with power, it markets it for profit. The company is the independent power production and energy...