As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 21,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Provide full lifecycle support for DOD Voice communications services at specified location(s) including the installation, testing, operation, maintenance, and management of designated network voice communications systems and associated equipment for DOD-managed voice infrastructures for all levels of security classification in accordance with applicable DOD regulations.
• Manage and support the VoIP, analog and digital voice network infrastructure installations, as well as post-installation environment, which shall include all voice message mailboxes and infrastructure to the wall jack
• Working with Local LEC's and other PSTN providers
• Monitor and respond to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
• Install and configure network hardware and software.
• Provide network troubleshooting and support.
• Provide technical support.
• Administer network security.
• Back up file server data/disks.
• Provide complex server maintenance.
• Provide minor server maintenance.
• Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
• Participate in special projects as required.
• Maintenance and management of all elements of DOD voice network environment, including all hardware, software, and circuitry, which is considered within the scope of services.
• Service provisioning, installation, maintenance, and management of the intra-facility LAN/VLAN wiring, equipment, and software itself within and between the facilities.
• Follow DOD network standards for design, installation, maintenance, and retrofit of LAN infrastructures deployed within a DOD facilities.
• All set-up, management, and support for voice network connectivity and access.
• Maintain a VoIP network consisting of routers and switches.
• Maintain voice network products and equipment such as Avaya™ VoIP Meeting Exchange, Modular Messaging, Session Manager, Communication Manager, AS5300, Cisco VoIP Call Manager & Presents
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
o Avaya certifications (AS5300, CM 6.X)
o ITIL v3 Foundations
8-10 years of related engineering experience.
Minimum (4) years' experience in LAN/WAN administration, VoIP systems, and Unified Communications
Must be able to obtain and retain an Secret Clearance.
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Science and Engineering
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...