The Manager of Learning and Development will report to the VP of Human Resources and will be responsible for setting strategy/direction and managing the continuing evolution/creation of Peoplefluent’s learning and development programs enterprise-wide. This key role will be responsible for the creation/implementation and enhancement of learning, onboarding, and development programs that optimize engagement and performance capability. This highly visible role will craft the strategic learning initiatives (systems and processes required to build a learning culture), and will also be responsible for assessing organizational learning needs of the workforce, developing curriculum, coordinating, presenting and evaluating learning activities to meet those needs. This includes planning, directing and coordinating employee onboarding and leadership development activities that align the Company’s mission, vision and values.
Responsibilities & Expectations
• Partners with Senior Management to ensure the organizational development and learning needs are addressed.
• Draft Plan, Program and Cost and present to HR and Senior Management.
• Facilitates processes and provides expertise in the areas of team building, group facilitation, organizational assessment and design, process improvement, strategic planning, instructional design, and career development.
• Assessment, design, and delivery of customized trainings and facilitations. This includes the delivery method, systems and recurring scheduling and logistics.
• Program Management of the Company’s leadership development (management training) program to include design, delivery, and evaluation of all courses.
• Program Management of the Company’s onboarding program
• Provide analytical data with regards to learning programs, participation, reporting, content, systems, and other information to improve productivity of employees and the HR function.
• Conduct training as part of these programs, as necessary.
HR Business Partner support
Although not a primary responsibility or significant time allocation, this role will assist in larger HR enterprise programs, such as company-wide performance management, salary administration, etc.
• Provide assistance to HR Business Partners/Generalists in managing the Performance Management program (provide training, assist managers, review performance appraisals for fairness and consistency, gather reporting rating distribution, etc.)
• Provide assistance to HR Business Partners/Generalists in managing and administering the Salary Administration Process (assisting managers with market data, determination of increase percentages, gathering data/corrections for salary planning work sheets, reviewing work sheets etc.)
• Assist in developing local HR process improvements, effective controls, and procedures. Recommend procedural changes that will enhance current processes in the HR organization.
• Lastly, address employees/manager questions on HR programs and procedures or HR policy application.
• Bachelor’s degree in Organizational Development, Education, Leadership Development, Human Resources Development and seven (7) to ten (10) years previous experience, preferably in the software industry in organizational development, leadership development, or corporate training functions.
• Proven experience in developing and presenting learning programs at all employee levels within the organization (staff to management).
• Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills required with ability to articulate complex concepts into clear and concise content.
• Proficient in LMS/LCMS systems, video editors (Camtasia, etc), as well as, normal office automation - Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
• Expertise in design and delivery of Onboarding, Leadership and Employee learning programs.
• Demonstrated ability to influence and get results through others. This includes coordinating with domain/SME’s across the organization to collaborate and conduct training, onboarding and development.
• Strong project planning with the ability to think ahead and plan over a 1-2 year time span.
• Ability to organize and manage multiple projects and priorities.
• Strong customer orientation.