Requisition #: 75223
Status: Full-Time with Full-Time Benefits (40 Hours)
Business Unit: HF Wyandotte
Department: INPATIENT PHARMACY
Job Family: Pharmacy
Job Function: Allied
Campus/Job Location Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital
Location (State/City): US-MI-Wyandotte
Our health system thrives on teamwork, and we know our employees achieve the greatest results when they are working together for a common goal - to provide care for our patients. If you enjoy working in a collaborative environment then we have a opportunity/career for you!
Henry Ford Health System is one of the country's largest health care systems and a national leader in clinical care, research and education.
- Our system includes the 1,200-member Henry Ford Medical Group, six hospitals, Health Alliance Plan, 32 primary care centers and many other health-related entities throughout Southeast Michigan.
- Founded in 1915 by auto pioneer Henry Ford, we continue to be committed to improving the health and well-being of a diverse Michigan community.
- Henry Ford also is a major economic driver in Michigan and employs more than 23,000.
- Our health system is led by CEO Nancy Schlichting.
Henry Ford Health System is the proud recipient of the 2011 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award for Performance Excellence and Innovation!
Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital was established in 1926. This 401- bed acute care hospital serves the Downriver region and surrounding communities of southeast Michigan.
- The main Wyandotte campus features a surgery department with 11 operating suites, two endoscopic suites and a robotic surgical system: a 12 bed ICU and 35 bed IMC Unit: a 25 bed birthing center , an emergency department with pediatric
specialty care: general medicine and surgical care, ancillary testing, impatient physical medicine and rehabilitation services: adult mental health services: neurosurgical services: and physician offices.
- More than 700 primary care physicians and specialists with offices throughout the region are affiliated with Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital and support from 2,500 Wyandotte staff.
- For more than 90 years Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital has served the Downriver community and surrounding area with a commitment to charity giving, outreach and building stronger, healthier individuals and families.
- Henry Ford Health Center- Browntstown facility offers a 24 -hour ER and variety of clinical needs, including laboratory and radiology services . It also offers same day surgeries, a sleep studies center, and physician offices for allergy,
dermatology, pediatrics and other specialties.
- Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital has a real impact on the Downriver region and surrounding communities of southeast Michigan. Each year the Hospital :
- Admits 20,000 patients
- Delivers 1,700 plus babies
- Treats 71,000 ER visits
- Performs 20, 000 plus surgeries
To improve human life through excellence in the science and art of health care and healing.
- Works under the general direction of the area's administrative or clinical coordinator, and provides direction and supervision for supportive staff assigned to his/her shift.
- Assumes responsibility for the day-to-day comprehensive, patient-oriented pharmacy services provided on his/her shift in each area of the department.
- Must be able to exercise sound management and clinical judgment in making appropriate decisions in the absence of coordination or more senior staff.
- Assists coordinators in identifying problems, which exist in his/her assigned area of practice and cooperates in the resolution of these problems. Participates in training pharmacy interns and externs in each of the pharmacy service areas.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must hold a degree from an accredited college of pharmacy and should have served an internship and/or residency in hospital pharmacy.
- Must be licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Michigan.
- In patient pharmacy experience preferred
This position requires working every other weekend and rotation of holidays.
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Henry Ford Health System is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, weight/height, marital status, familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Henry Ford Health System - 22 months ago
Built around a hospital founded by Detroit's favorite son, the not-for-profit Henry Ford Health System (HFHS) is a hospital network...