As websites go, there are those that are built on sand and those that are built on rock. At Snagajob, we make every effort to be the latter, and as such our need for geologists and stonemasons is sizeable. Only, instead of laying foundations for architectural wonders, they’re maintaining and administering redundant infrastructure for our virtual “private cloud.”
It’s with this love of our carefully-crafted private cloud that we’re seeking a LINUX Development Operations Engineer to join our Engineering team. Our Ops team members love popcorn, organization, nerf guns, and just about any free t-shirt you’re willing to throw their way.
To be a LINUX Engineer, you’ve hopefully found yourself loving one or more of the things on that list, and you’re proud to call the qualifications below your area of tech-spertise
What We'll Expect:
· Design and maintain a highly available, redundant, infrastructure for multiple office and production locations.
· Create, document, and implement best practices for the infrastructure to ensure availability, performance, and scalability.
· Troubleshoot and resolve infrastructure issues.
· Manage infrastructure projects by developing detailed project plans, acquiring necessary resources, coordinating talent, monitoring progress, and providing regular status reports to management.
· Participate in the planning and deployment of infrastructure components.
· Participate in the maintenance and administration of a diverse set of infrastructure components and applications, including on-call support rotation.
· Maintain source code repositories, and release processes.
What You'll Bring:
Desired but not Required:
- Experience working with development teams
- 5 years experience with Debian, Ubuntu, or similar Linux in a Systems Engineer Capacity.
- Shell Scripting (Bash, CSH, or KSH)
- Sys Admin Scripting (Bash, Python, Ruby, or, Perl)
- Experience with Version Control Systems (SVN, CVS, Git, etc.)
- Familiarity with Linux web technologies (LAMP Stack, Nginx, memcache, tomcat, etc)
- Prior experience working in a virtual environment running mixed operating systems (LINUX, UNIX, Windows, etc) and applications (MySQL, SQL, WordPress, Exchange, Sharepoint, etc)
- Ability to manage multiple projects and activities while delivering quality results on time
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills and a passion for learning
- Experience with Build Control Systems (Jenkins, Finalbuilder)
- Programming Experience (PHP, C#)
- Performance Troubleshooting experience
- Network Architecture Experience
- Experience Working in a Virtualized architecture.
- Kernel compilation and upgrades
- Windows administration experience a plus
- Chef/Puppet experience also a plus
What You Can Expect From Snagajob:
Snagajob offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life, short and long-term disability insurance, 401k plan, tuition reimbursement, holidays, paid time off (starting with 18 days), casual and fun work environment, and eligibility for performance-based bonuses and stock options.
SnagAJob.com, Inc - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Employers can snag the full or part-time help they need at SnagAJob.com. Founded in 1999, the company provides online recruiting for hourly...