Sales Engineer III
Dell, Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We are currently looking for a Sales Engineer III to join our team.
This dynamic position for the role of Customer Solutions Engineer (CSE) is a quota carrying, field based technical sales position within the HealthCare and Life Sciences vertical at Dell. The Dell CSE leads the enterprise (datacenter) business within their assigned account set and territory. The enterprise business is comprised of servers, storage, networking, software, services, and cloud.
The CSE position at Dell is a fast paced, demanding role with a high degree of reward for those that excel. Qualified applicants should bring strong personal motivation, embody professionalism and thrive in a culture of team spirit and continuous learning.
- Expected to align closely with customers to understand business requirements, generate subsequent enterprise opportunities and manage them to successful closure.
- Managing the sales cycle.
- Engaging appropriate subject matter experts to develop solution architecture and topologies based on customer requirements.
- Draft proposals and solution documentation.
- Participate in response to RFI/RFP.
- Deliver in-depth technical presentations, competitive differentiation of Dell solutions & technology.
- Insure an optimal experience for the customer in all interactions with Dell.
- Strong technical background and a proven history of successful field based selling experience.
- 7-10 years of outside sales experience specific to datacenter solutions (storage, networking, servers, software, consulting, etc.).
- Ability to manage and develop a large sales pipeline and provide weekly forecast and activity reports to management.
- Possess a strong technical background with an ability to craft complex solutions spanning and/or combing any/all enterprise lines of business described above.
- Ideal candidates should also understand and have experience with complementary technologies including but not limited to: converged infrastructure technologies and topologies, datacenter and desktop virtualization, datacenter management and design, systems management, multi-tier application design, database systems and design principles, operating systems including Microsoft Windows Server & Linux, email and collaboration systems such as Microsoft Exchange and Sharepoint, unified communications technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Dynamic and engaging presentation skills.
- Ability to travel up to 4 days per week.
- Ability to work in cross functional teams.
- Experience either working with or selling technology solutions in the HealthCare and Life Sciences vertical.
- Understanding of HCLS specific technologies such as HIS, EMR, HIE, PACS, HIPAA, and other vertical specific applications, technologies and standards.
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Come join us. For more information, visit us on the web at
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion, visit:
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
Life at Dell
Learn about Dell culture, the interviewing process and benefits offered in your location:
Life at Dell
Dell Financial Services L.P. - 10 months ago
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...