The Loss Prevention Supervisor is responsible for executing and directing the company’s Loss Prevention, Shortage Control and Safety programs at the store level. Responsible for supervising the stores Loss Prevention Associates in monitoring the physical protection and safety standards for the store’s merchandise, physical structure, customers and associates. Act as a deterrent to individuals involved in dishonest activity and if necessary make an apprehension as required. Detect report and resolve matters in the area of safety, inventory shortage, cash handling and theft, and for providing customer service as per company standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Positively demonstrate the company’s Core Values by developing trust and respect among peers and management, working in teams and partnering with others through collaborative work ethics, and driving business results by placing a high priority on detail and accuracy to successfully complete all tasks
- Deliver excellent customer service and demonstrate a high degree of professionalism
- Coach, and train Loss Prevention Associates in the execution of the company’s Loss Prevention program. Display leadership in delivering expected results.
- At the direction of the store’s Regional Loss Prevention Manager and Store Manager, supervise and direct a single or multiple store’s Loss Prevention Associates in the execution of the company’s Loss Prevention program.
- Assist in the recruitment and training of new Loss Prevention Associates.
- Supervise and execute all required audits and reporting of Shortage Control and Loss Prevention programs.
- Assist Store Management in identifying issues and problems that directly impact Shortage and lead the store’s team in corrective actions.
- Detect and deter individuals involved in dishonest or illicit activity in the store. The physical detention of individuals responsible for shoplifting is required as necessary.
- Investigate and resolve internal theft cases at the direction of Loss Prevention Management
- Conduct routine inspections of the facility to maintain physical security and protection of assets
- Monitor closed circuit television systems, if applicable
- Represent Burlington Coat Factory in court proceedings associated with Loss Prevention apprehensions and investigations when necessary.
- Enforce company standards as they relate to security and safety procedures
- Participate in the training of new hire associates in matters of loss prevention and safety procedures.
- Conduct safety inspections and communicate hazards to key holder on duty
- Ensure physical security by controlling access of associates and visitors
- Lead the stores Safety Program in cooperation with Store Management.
- Execute directives as assigned by Regional Loss Prevention Manager or Store Management.
- Build Partnerships with Management Teams in assigned stores.
- Ability to take on additional responsibilities for within the Region for Audits, Investigations, Safety-Crisis Response, Operations, Team, and or Technology
- Develop professional relationships with Local Law Enforcement and Retail LP Coalition Meetings
Number of employees supervised: 1 - 5
Scope and Impact:
Deliver a store inventory shortage at or better than plan .
Education and Qualifications:
- 2 - 5 Year Experience in Retail Loss Prevention.
- Successfully complete background verification (pre-employment)
- Ability to Supervise 2 or more store LP Teams
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and follow-through skills
- Wicklander & Zulawski Interview Training Seminar(s) a plus
Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum 2- 5 year of experience in retail loss prevention.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal.
- Ability to trouble-shoot basic knowledge of CCTV Camera Equipment.
- Ability to solve problems in a business professional setting.
- Ability to execute assigned responsibilities in difficult and stressful situations.
- Ability to maintain a fair, consistent set of standards, using judgment and discretion and adhere to all company and department policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner, and listen attentively to others
- Requires knowledge and compliance with applicable laws and company policy concerning arrest, search and seizure and handling of evidence.
Direct Supervisor Job Requirements - Internal Use Only -
- Local travel may be required.
Our ideal candidates will be self motivated, team players, who have the desire to succeed. We care about our employees, have a supportive environment that values trust and respect , offer a competitive wage and benefits package that includes a generous paid time off plan, plus an associate discount, and a company matched 401(k) to name a few.
Burlington Coat Factory is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Come join our team. You’re going to like it here!
Burlington Coat Factory - 12 months ago
Burlington Stores is more than just coats, and when you join our family you enjoy more than just a great job.