39 active jobs
Information systems / technology
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
To apply for this position an APU staff application must be completed and submitted to the Office of Human Resources along with a cover letter and resume. Please visit our website for the application procedure and employment application.
The Computer Technician Level I provides services to keep all Azusa Pacific University (APU) faculty, staff, classroom, lab computers and printers functioning at their fullest potential. This position works closely with the Manager of the Computer Technicians, student, regional, and media technicians to make sure that all daily tasks and responsibilities are completed in a timely manner.
Examples of Duties
- Promptly respond to and resolve customer problems related to the operation of all application software and operating systems.
- Setup, configure, and maintain both PC and Macintosh desktop and laptop computers.
- Train University computer users as needed.
- Troubleshoot software and hardware failures and identify network problems.
- Diagnose and solve hardware/software problems and provide suggested solutions.
- Resolve customer hardware issues as needed by the IMT Support Desk.
- Document solutions to common hardware problems.
- Perform and/or coordinate the provision of preventative maintenance and repairs for faculty, staff, and classroom computers.
- Update equipment inventory databases to maintain currency.
- Continuously review and improve PC hardware and software installation and maintenance procedures.
- Repair PC and Mac computer hardware at the component level.
- Attend and participate in IMT forums and meetings.
- Make and install network cables and assist with network port activations.
- Stay current on emerging trends in computer hardware and software.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager of Computer Technicians and Assistant Director of Client Computing.
- This individual must recognize that much of the work is completed without direct supervision. This requires accuracy and integrity of work that will represent the mission and values of the IMT group.
- Positions require an individual who is completely committed to excellence in customer service and a good understanding of Azusa Pacific University culture, business structures and business practices.
- Individual will be required to support and uphold the IMT Strategic Directions.
BS in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent experience.
1 year of maintaining PCs, Macs, desktops, laptops, mobile devices, and networks. A+ or equivalent certification recommended.
- Must possess exceptional problem solving and analytical skills to resolve project issues and challenges
- Strong teamwork skills
- Ability to perform time consuming, repetitive tasks (i.e. unpacking computers, printers, monitors, etc.)
- Ability to communicate effectively, written and verbally; manage several projects simultaneously; logically solve problems; understand technical materials; memorize commands; stay on task without constant supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships and to work effectively with faculty, staff, students, and the public
- Working knowledge of Windows Vista/7, Mac OS X, TCP/IP, Ethernet, Microsoft Office suite, Internet Explorer, Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Symantec Endpoint and Utilities, Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and tools used on the job for inventory, remote management, and troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with setup, troubleshooting and configuration of various PDAs and PDA phones (iOS, Android, webOS, BlackBerry, Windows Phone 7, etc.)
- Ability to support and configure the following list of devices including, but not limited to laser and ink jet printers, scanners, CD/DVD drives, and internal computer components (hard drives, power supplies, RAM, etc.)
- Knowledge of the use of multiple types of cables, connectors, telephones, tools, and hand trucks
- Working knowledge of Windows and Apple operating systems, including, but not limited to, imaging, locking down OS, security, group policy, driver installation
- Online troubleshooting for a variety of different problems
- This individual must be able to stay on task on their own and be highly motivated, but they are able to use resources available from the other technicians as well as other groups within IMT. They also need to be able to find solutions that comply with policy on their own.
In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
Position requires intermittent sitting, standing and walking, and repetitive arm, hand, wrist and finger motions. Communication with others requires face to face and hearing on the telephone, with good skills. Ability to walk and drive to various locations on campus and to lift up to 50 lbs. frequently.
Computer monitor and reading.
Pleasant office setting, comfortable temperature
Full-time position. Excellent benefits. Salary to be determined based on qualifications and experience.
InsideHigherEd.com - 12 months ago
Developing disciples and scholars since 1899, Azusa Pacific is a comprehensive Christian, evangelical university, dedicated to supporting Go...