Responsible for posting all activity in loan servicing portfolios, as well as purchase advice of mortgage loans sold to investors, any subsidiary accounting, the general ledger, daily cash management, financial reports, account reconciliations and various other accounting related duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Post daily deposits form title company mortgage closings.
2. Post first payments on mortgages awaiting purchase by investors.
3. Post purchase advice of mortgage loans sold to investors.
4. Prepare monthly incentives report for payroll department.
5. Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reconcilements of general ledger accounts, subsidiary ledger accounts, and any other accounts, as assigned.
6. Assist during the annual independent audit of the credit union and CUSO.
7. Perform any necessary functions to ensure the accounting department is a smooth operation.
8. Any other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s degree in accounting preferred but not required. College level courses and/or appropriate work experience is beneficial.
One year of experience in accounting or related field, experience in a financial institution preferred.
Office mobility required. Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate standard office equipment. Corrected vision and hearing in normal range. A telephone device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed. Must be able to physically lift up to thirty-five pounds. May require use of handcart or other device for the transportation of materials.
- Complete Denali Alaskan Federal Credit Union’s product assessment within 90 days of employment with a score of 100% (Note: this assessment may be taken as many times as needed to achieve this score)
Experience operating a 10-key adding machine, Microsoft Office products to include Word and Excel, integrated G/L processing, and the ability to learn and operate other necessary software.
Denali Alaskan Federal Credit Union - 17 months ago
Our Mission: Denali Alaskan exists to be a contributing partner in our members' financial success.
Denali Alaskan Federal Credit Union...