IBM has your long-term professional life in mind. What's your passion? Learn new skills, work across different disciplines or move into new challenges. It's possible with our award-winning, customized professional development and leadership training. On average, every IBM employee takes advantage of more than 60 hours of training a year. IBM offers competitive benefits, as well as an industry-leading practice of performance-based bonuses for all employees. We believe that global innovation demands diverse employees and attractive work/life initiatives that sustain, and retain, them. IBM gives you the power to design your workday, and your life, according to your unique styles and needs.
IBM has opened a new technology service delivery center in Columbia, Missouri, and creating up to 800 jobs that will provide high-value information technology services to IBM customers. The service center provides maintenance and monitoring of computer hardware and systems to IBM’s business clients in the United States. This Technical Delivery Services Center primarily supports US Strategic outsourcing clients, providing server systems operations, security services, and end user services, including maintenance and monitoring of computer hardware and software systems. IBM’s Technical Delivery Services Center is focused on increasing delivery quality and brings together all IBM worldwide service delivery capabilities for Strategic Outsourcing.
Please note this position is located onsite in Columbia, MO. NO remote work is available.
IBM's new Technical Services Delivery Center is seeking talented Level 2 / 3 Consultant/Support Specialists that will be responsible for providing support in a VMware Vsphere Infrastructure environment. This incoming incumbent will assess customer situations to determine problem facing the client. Daily problems are not routine or standardized and the creation of documentation explaining the solution to the problem is required. In addition, you will be responsible for implementing changes to the client's environment following established processes. Pager coverage and possible off shift coverage would be required.
Activities may include implementing and coordinating solutions to ensure acceptable performance levels with proven and advanced systems technologies. Candidate will draw on their professional knowledge of systems operations as well as network and applications services to deliver high quality virtualization solutions.
Technical Skill Requirements:
- Strong experience in VMWare vSphere 4.1
VMware ESXi Server
VMware Consolidated Backup
- A command of Server Networking
- Certified VCP (VMware Certified Professional). Additional VMWare certification is a plus
- Knowledge of Veeam Backup & Replication is a plus
- Experience with other virtualization products is a plus
- Microsoft Qualifications/Certification is a plus
- Red Hat/SUSE Linux Qualifications/Certification is a plus
- Ability to act in an effective and professional manner during moments of high stress
- Must have excellent teamwork skills balanced with ability to work alone and a have positive attitude
- Must have excellent written, oral communication and strong documentation skills
- Ability to quickly assimilate technical and non-technical information
- Ability to interface with various Tech Supt Teams
- Problem solving ability
- On-Call 24/7 support
Candidate should have 3+ years of relevant vSphere experience and at least 5 years of overall IT experience.
- High School Diploma/GED
- At least 2 years experience in VMware vSphere Server products
- At least 2 years experience in Server networking
- English: Fluent
- Associate's Degree/College Diploma in Information Technology
- At least 4 years experience in VMware vSphere Server products
- At least 4 years experience in Server networking
- At least 2 years experience in Veeam Backup and Replication
- At least 2 years experience in other virtualization products
- Certified in VCP (VMware Certified Professional)
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
IBM - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard -
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global Technology...