NBC 4 New York, the NBC Owned station located in New York City, is seeking a highly motivated and dynamic writer/producer/editor with excellent writing skills and a great eye for design. Ideal candidate will write, produce, edit and design assets across all platforms: on air, online and out of home. This includes image campaigns, news topicals, special report promotions, POPs, billboards, print, radio and social media. This position will work closely with the Senior Promo Producer and VP, Marketing to develop and execute promotional strategy.
Individual must have strong writing abilities. Must be able to think conceptually and execute creative in detail. Experience editing video on Final Cut Pro is a must. Experience with After Effects is a must. Candidate must be able to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- Three years promotion experience writing, producing and editing image campaigns and other promotion in medium/major market.
- Demonstrated ability to edit on Final Cut Pro non-linear editing systems.
- Demonstrated ability to create custom motion graphics on After Effects.
- Must be willing to work at the station in New York City location
- Must be 18 years or greater
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have ability to work flexible hours when needed
*This job is a WGA union-represented position. Successful candidate will be required
to join the WGA (Writers Guild of America) union upon employment if not already a member.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well with people while under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and adhere to strict deadlines under pressure.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work well independently and be detail oriented
- Team player who is flexible
- Displays a positive work ethic
- High degree of integrity and professionalism
No phone calls please. NBCUniversal is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F.