Working under the directives and goals set forth by the Mortgage Development Manager, each MDO is responsible for the production of mortgage originations within assigned geography. Assists in ensuring that the Bank complies with local, state and federal regulations.
New Residential Mortgage Originations:
Business Partner Relations:
- Meet mortgage origination sales quotas.
- With the Manager of Mortgage Originations, execute sales and marketing campaigns to increase deal flow and establish Bangor Savings Bank as "The Preferred Lender" within the assigned market.
- Ensure timely delivery of pre-qualification, pre-application and residential mortgage applications.
- Maintain/increase working knowledge of products.
Administration / Other:
- Serve as the Senior Residential Mortgage Originator for Branch network with assigned territory.
- Service referrals from internal business partners to maximize the customer experience.
- Coordinate activities with Branch partners as appropriate.
- Identify prospects / customers for cross sales opportunities and refer to business
- partners accordingly.
Compliance and Control:
- Develop, maintain and leverage referral source network that includes, but is not limited to, internal partners, realtors, builders, financial advisors, CPAs, lawyers and community leaders.
- Maintains a current working knowledge of secondary market requirements, MSHA and VHA guidelines and other applicable program procedures and regulations.
- Conducts business in absolute conformance with local, state, and federal regulations and procedures.
- Maintains solid and effective working relationships with internal Loan Operations and Retail personnel.
- Participates in realtor and community functions, including trade events.
- Assists in ensuring that the Bank complies with local, state and federal regulations.
- Interacts harmoniously and effectively with others, focusing upon the attainment of bank goals and objectives through a commitment to teamwork.
- Conforms to acceptable punctuality/attendance standards as expressed in the Employee Handbook.
- Performs additional duties as requested.
Physical Demands/Conditions Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College, Business or Banking professional training helpful.
- Three years or more of banking or credit related experience required.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Demonstrated personal computer literacy.
- Ability to handle complex problems.
- Strong communications skills, verbal and written required.
- General office environment.
- Moderate lifting (to 35 lbs.) required. Moderate reaching, walking, sitting and standing required.
- General office equipment.
Bangor Savings Bank has been serving Maine for more than 150 years. In addition to traditional deposit and lending services, the bank also...