The role of the Manager, Corporate Brand Marketing is to generate and manage content that sets Express Scripts apart in the marketplace and positions the company for continued success with client decision-makers, market influencers and other key constituencies. The manager will serve as a key analyst, writer and editor for the company's integrated marketing communications initiatives.
The manager will regularly monitor competitive brand content and analyze primary and secondary market research for trends and opportunities. In this context, the manager will draft effective messaging that continuously substantiates, differentiates and reinforces the corporate value proposition across all major marketing and communications touchpoints. The manager will drive brand-building written content for corporate print, digital and audiovisual media, as well as speaker scripts and talking points for major corporate brand marketing campaigns and programs, corporate and industry events, and external speaking engagements.
The Manager, Corporate Brand Marketing will collaborate to plan and execute multiple corporate and product marketing communications strategies and initiatives that align with corporate business goals, establish and maintain a strong corporate brand and provide a cohesive, compelling client brand experience in order to facilitate growth in corporate reputation, new sales, profitable upsells and client retention.
- Bachelor's Degree required in creative arts, marketing, communications, journalism, business or other related field.
- MBA or other Master's degree preferred.
- Outstanding writing and editing abilities.
- 5 to 8 years of experience in marketing/communications or closely related function with Bachelor's degree; or 3 to 5 years experience with Master's degree; preferably with emphasis on B2B marketing and/or corporate communications.
- Knowledge of pharmacy benefit management industry required.
- Experience with marketing/communications measurement and reporting responsibilities.
- Must have a strong track record of performance in a highly matrixed organization.
- Previous experience working with internal creative teams or outside agencies.
- Proven expertise in driving results through direct and indirect leadership and building cross-functional teams.
- Experience in executing marketing programs for and through a sales force.
- Track record of exceeding target metrics.
- Must be able to travel 10-20% of the time.
- Strong project and process management skills.
- Demonstrates expertise in marketing and corporate communications.
- Excellent facilitation, negotiation and consensus-building abilities.
- Proven project management, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal communications, collaboration and relationship-building skills.
- Clear business acumen, work ethic, integrity and 'whatever it takes¿ mentality.
- Consults with internal clients to interpret business issues, solve complex problems, identify creative solutions and recommend best practices.
- Applies marketing and communications principles, and has strong knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Represents the organization as a resource on assigned projects and earns a reputation as a valued partner on assigned subject matter.
- Works independently, generally performing exemplary work with minimal direction.
- Ability to engage in multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to sell a vision, align key stakeholders and communicate up, down and across the organization.
- Ability to drive clear decisions and proactively communicate with all stakeholders.
- Focus on impact and results.
- Ability to work under extreme pressure and strict timelines, and to thrive in a fast-paced, high-demand environment.
- Superior time management and computer skills, including PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint, Excel, Project, Visio.
Express Scripts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.
None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.
Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation and, depending on position requirements, a Department of Defense background investigation. AA/EOE.
Express Scripts - 18 months ago
Express Scripts is a Fortune 25 company and is the largest pharmacy benefit manager in the U.S.