Who We Are
HowAboutWe is the modern love company. We help people
fall in love and stay in love.
We're a well-funded ($18.5mm), rapidly-growing startup with headquarters in
Brooklyn, NY. We build breathtaking products that transform people’s lives.
You can read more about us here .
We have three main products:
- HowAboutWe Dating is the offline dating site.
Members post date ideas, connect, and meet - offline.
- HowAboutWe for Couples helps couples have wonderful
experiences together. Members choose from our curated collection of
one-of-a-kind experiences for two; we take care of all the booking. It’s
the must-have membership for the modern couple.
- The Date Report provides engaging, entertaining and enlightening content
about dating and relationships.
In this Customer Service Assistant role, you’ll be on the front lines interacting with HowAboutWe users and making sure they’re having the best possible experience using our service.
You’re an organized, reliable, and detail-oriented person who has the tenacity and emotional intelligence to help us go above and beyond with our customer interactions. In this role you will:
- Assist users via email and answer their account questions in a timely and kind manner
- Monitor community for inappropriate usage and take disciplinary action
- Act as the front line of defense in identifying possible site issues
- Escalate technical and billing issues to the Manager of Customer Service
- Excellent written communication skills, especially with customers
- Able to work quickly and in a very organized, detail-oriented manner
- Positive attitude
- Dedication to “get the job done” and address each concern with time and consideration
- Able to responsibly communicate customer service issues to Manager of Customer Service on a daily basis
- Familiarity with Zendesk is a major plus
This position is for freelance employment on-site in our office in DUMBO.
- College degree
- Very comfortable with computers and mobile devices
- Experience in a customer service-related role
To apply please first check out our site and make sure you love our
work and want to contribute to it. Then please send a resume and
cover letter to Jessica Tom, Director of Community at