The Learning House, Inc. is a comprehensive online education solutions partner which helps colleges and universities offer and manage their online degree programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Lead architecture, design and implementation of Learning Houses web applications
Participate in system design, architecture decisions and lead regular code reviews
Spend up to half-time on your own programming projects or contributing code to others
Mentor and coach team members to foster ongoing technical development
Actively find ways to improve our software platform (evaluate and incorporate new libraries, tools and technologies; code reviews; refactoring; testing; etc.)
Find simple, robust solutions to complex problems
Become a key member and decision-maker in our top-notch engineering team
Work in a highly interactive, team-oriented environment
• 10+ years experience in software design and development
• Strong experience developing web-based, database (MySQL and/or PostgreSQL preferred) driven applications running on Linux-based operating systems.
• Experience with open source back-end technologies like PHP5, Python, Ruby, etc.
• Experience developing and deploying large-scale commercial web applications
• Agile development experience
• Mastery of object oriented design, design patterns, and data structures
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented and strong analytical / problem solving skills
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while juggling multiple projects
• BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
City of Louisville, KY - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard