The Financial Aid Office at Washtenaw Community College is looking for a Financial Aid Clerk to work in a fast paced environment with a strong attention to detail while being able to provide face-to-face and telephone assistance to students and their families. Hours will vary.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and process student paper work using multiple forms of computer/office equipment while ensuring accurate data management.
- Demonstrate ability to problem solve while assisting/advising students, parents, and enrollment staff with questions concerning the financial aid application process.
- Attend financial aid meetings and workshops as approved by the Director of Financial Aid.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Equivalent of two (2) years full time successful work experience with one (1) year of customer service experience.
- Must be responsible, dependable, attentive to detail, and resourceful.
- Possess and demonstrate a “can do” attitude and a willingness to learn in a rapidly changing environment.
- Must have excellent data entry skills including accurate input of data.
- Ability to work in a high demand and fast paced environment.
- Ability to organize own workload and to work independently.
- Possess conflict resolution skills and exeriences.
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential matters.
- College credits preferred.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Washtenaw Community College - 19 months ago