Square offers a world-class payments experience which means we can never go down and we can never lose money. Our DBAs are directly responsible for data storage services, including those that move money and store transactions. We value correctness, efficiency, and automation. We measure and monitor everything. We're looking for people who share our values, particularly if you have experience building, monitoring, and maintaining storage systems for a high-volume, low-latency, distributed transactional platform.
Problems we work on
- Highly Available PostgreSQL and MySQL: The core of our infrastructure is currently a mixture of PostgreSQL and MySQL; keeping them available is our top-priority.
- Data Warehousing: Square captures a lot of data around transactions and we need to summarize and process it quickly while maintaining industry compliance.
- Alternative Datastores: Sometimes RDBMSes aren't the right choice. We currently use Redis, Hadoop, HDFS, and Memcached, help us decide if this is right for the future.
- Monitoring: Watching what our databases are doing and predicting and preventing capacity limitations.
- Site-reliability: Keeping the site highly available through monitoring, performance tuning, and capacity planning.
- Security: In-depth and security by design is what we are after. Our customers depend on us to protect their data.
Square - 18 months ago
Square is making commerce easy for everyone. Starting with a free credit card reader for the iPhone, iPad, and Android devices, Square...