Establishes Linux system by planning and executing the selection,
installation, configuration, and testing of PC and server hardware,
software, LAN and WAN networks, and Linux operating and system
management systems; defining system and operational policies and
• Must have full understanding and familiarity of VMware, EMC, Storage
• Maintains Linux system performance by performing system monitoring
and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware,
software, networks and operating and system management systems;
designing and running Linux system load/stress testing.
• Secures Linux system by developing system access, monitoring, control,
and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and
procedures; completing back-ups; maintaining documentation.
• Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for
accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add
value to job accomplishments.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of conveying
ideas and applying knowledge to challenging tasks. Open to new ideas
and technologies, and wants to learn. Writing basic documentation. and
works well in a team.
• Provide technical support on application server-related and web
• Responding to trouble-tickets via an internal application and/or phone
• The ability to use intelligence, scripting, and tools to manage change from
development to testing stages.
• BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
• Multiple years of Linux or UNIX system administration experience
desired, but candidates of all levels will be considered.
• Must understand Vmware, vblock, storage and EMC.
• Practical knowledge of Cisco network equipment.
• Excellent verbal and written skills, along with outstanding customer
• Competitive Base Salary
• Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Care
• Life Insurance
• Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
• 401(K) Plan
• Flexible Spending Accounts; Health Care, Dependent Care,
• Vacation, Holiday, and Personal/Sick Time
It's an exciting time as we expand our company globally and push the envelope of what customers can expect from a managed service provider.
IPsoft is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
IPsoft - 10 months ago