To be considered for this position, please apply by February 25, 2013. Please note that the closing date may change.
The Business Applications Developer role is responsible for development and maintenance of multiple platforms including Cognos, SalesForce.com and SQL. Potential candidates should have intermediate to advance skills development and/ or administration. The candidate must be able to communicate well with customers of varying technical abilities. The candidate must be able to understand business requirements and translate them into a technical reality that is extendable and maintainable.
Essential Job Functions
- Work to define scope of development efforts.
- Design Cognos solutions and form effective project plans.
- Add value in all stages of project work (definition, development, deployment).
- Development of on-target Salesforce solutions, leveraging Force.com sites, Apex coding, and other technologies.
- Leverage experience with web development, web services development, and SQL development to build integration points between front and back-end systems.
- Assist in maintaining currency with development best practices.
- Assist in maintaining legacy ASP.Net and classic ASP sites.
Education & Experience Requested
- Two-plus years Cognos development experience, with a strong focus on financial reporting.
- Solid knowledge of SQL.
- Experience with Agile development practices a plus.
- Must be organized, detail oriented with ability to think critically.
- Preferred: SFDC Admin and/or SFDC Developer certified.
- Experience with ETL platforms a plus.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills to support all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability in developing and delivering solutions to customer problems with an emphasis on Sales, Customer Service, and/or Marketing issues.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work constructively with diverse people and with parties that may have divergent needs and interests.
- Enthusiasm and flexibility for working with a fast-paced organization with extensive external accountabilities and communications needs.
Work Schedule Requested
- Requires a bachelor's degree (preferably in Computer Science) and five-plus years of professional experience.
- This is a Full-Time, Exempt position.
CNL Financial Group, Inc. - 21 months ago