Track Laborer – HTEC
Seeking hard working individuals with a strong work ethic to travel throughout North America installing new railroad track, maintaining existing track and right-of way.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Participate in group discussions including unit meetings, job briefings, safety meetings or process reviews
- Remove and replace track and track components (e.g. ties, rails, bars, etc.)
- Replace or repair track switches with specific components
- Slide and align tie plates
- Drill holes through rails for insertion of bolts and tighten or loosen bolts at joints that hold ends or rails together
- Cut rails to specific lengths
- Receive instructions, requests, orders, and information
- Adjust, lift and roll rails
- Sort track material for loading and unloading
- Install and repair street and railroad crossings
- Cut brush and vegetation from the right-of-way
- Spray switches, angle bars and joints with oil for lubrication
- Install and remove rail anchors with hand tools
- Drive spikes with a spike maul
- Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries
About the company:
Holland Company is a $150mm organization headquartered in Crete, IL. We have over 600 employees who provide a variety of services for railroad companies. In addition, Holland designs and manufactures equipment and products for the railroad industry.
Holland Company is wholly-owned by The Curran Group, a privately-held holding company located in Crystal Lake, IL.
- Outside work experience (e.g. construction, heavy equipment operation, farming, landscaping)
- Must be willing to travel extensively via ground, air and rail
- Complete annual training and pass safety and track worker rules examinations
- Must pass all required assessments
- Able to successfully complete drug screen, background check and fit for duty test
- 18 years of age or older
Indeed - 19 months ago
WELCOME TO THE HOLLAND COMPANY!
On behalf of all our employees, the following overview is intended to familiarize you with the history,...