Android Software Engineer
Come now and join our innovative team in developing amazing Intel experiences using Android. We are looking for experienced Android software engineers. You will need to know how to develop system services on Android and have a solid understanding of Android internals. You are a low level system software engineer, having written linux device drivers which you enabled at the Android application framework layer. If this describes you, come join us and put your Android skills to work making Intel's devices win!
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
Excellent interpersonal relations and teamwork skills
Excellent problem solving skills, debug skills
A quick learner, self-motivated to work independently on designing new software
Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- BS + 3 yrs. exp.; MS + 2 yrs. exp.
- Minimum of 6 months experience with Linux kernel programming
- Minimum of 6 months experience with design, development and debug
- Experience at the kernel, native, and application framework layers within Android.
- Experience with Smartphone development
- Proficient in Java, C and/or C++
- Experience with the Android OS Linux development environments, including HAL layers and Android OS Framework.
- Experience in Linux kernel programming
- Strong design, development and debug skills
- Excellent interpersonal relations and teamwork skills
- Good problem solving skills, debug skills
- A quick learner, self-motivated to work independently on designing new software
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Experience working with FUSE
- Experience building file systems
- Agile programming experience
- Familiarity with Intel Architecture
- Experience in Android application development, Java based User Interfaces, JNI will be plus
Apr 9, 2013
Apr 10, 2014
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
A lot of companies like to talk about changing the world. But while others are making claims, Intel’s been making history—for...