The Senior Account Executive is directly responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with assigned clients that are strategic, consultative and proactive. The Senior Account Executive is responsible for identifying upsell and expansion opportunities and incorporating such into annual strategic plan. They are also responsible for client retention, customer satisfaction and achieving corporate strategic goals relative to their book of business. The Sr. Account Executive serves as a SME and resource for others within the division to provide mentorship and forward thinking leadership designed to move the business forward..
1. Accountable for the development, execution and monitoring of a client-specific comprehensive strategic plan. The strategic plan reflects the ESI/client business arrangement and demonstrates a high level of consultative services. Deliver quarterly and annual review of plan performance.
2. Manage and strengthen client relationships and ensure satisfaction levels are met. Responsible for client renewals, upsells, and for meeting client retention targets.
Interface with client as often as needed to maintain and grow relationship.
3. Direct and supports activities of internal Account Management team and extended team members as related to client strategic objectives and escalated service issues. Monitors and reports progress (both internally and externally) related to the client-specific strategic plan, through formal presentations, executive level reports, etc., and ensures the timely delivery, consistency and success of the process.
4. Leads, participates, and contributes in all client-related meetings, both external and internal. Assists in consultations with key decision makers and presentations at local, regional and national level via communications, executive reports, meetings, etc. Act as an advocate of the client (i.e., voice of the customer) internally to represent client¿s intent, interpretation of regulatory guidance, and custom requirements.
5. Special projects and tasks forces as assigned. Develop best practices and participate on cross functional initiative designed to improve client support and operational efficiencies.
6. Ensure that defined contractual requirements and performance guarantees are adhered to by
the organization. Manage contract development and negotiation as needed.
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 8-12 years relevant experience, minimum of 5 years direct account management experience or extensive experience in the health-care industry.
- Medicare Part D experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the PBM industry and products - deep understanding of the suite of products and services and how to position appropriately to client.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills are essential.
- Negotiating and leadership skills are essential.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, interpretative and time management skills.
- Strategic business sense with finance savvy, business acumen, breakthrough thinking, and information seeking ability to prepare and execute business plans, resolve discrepancies and seek out potential opportunities.
- Organizational Savvy with ability to identify and influence key stakeholders and work cross functionally to achieve success.
- Results driven with focus on achieving specific client goals and takes initiative to outperform against those goals.
- Relationship management skills and customer service orientation to build and leverage partnerships to achieve team, client and organizational goals.
- Ability to influence clients, peers and senior management to achieve specific goals and drive certain impact.
- Demonstrates self confidence with all levels of the organization and takes on challenges.
- Articulates new ways of thinking and leads and embraces change while inspiring others on the team to achieve results.
- Has demonstrated excellent teamwork and communication with peers.
- PC skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Project management skills.
- Willingness to travel as needed to meet goals.
Express Scripts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.
None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.
Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation and, depending on position requirements, a Department of Defense background investigation. AA/EOE.
Express Scripts - 11 months ago
Express Scripts is a Fortune 25 company and is the largest pharmacy benefit manager in the U.S.