Job Category: Service Workers
Job Title: Sales Associate
Reports To: Store Manager
Job Classification (select): Hourly/Non-Exempt
Typical Work Week (approximate): 32-40 hrs / plus possible overtime
Compensation: Market Hourly Rate
Position Summary: State briefly (1-2 sentences) the principle purpose or focus of your position. What the position is? What it must accomplish? What is the major objective of the position?
The Sales Associate is responsible for assisting customers, stocking product, maintaining a clean, safe, and secure environment. This position is also responsible for building sales, completing accurate reports, and adhering to all company policies and procedures.
1. Meet company customer service standards.
2. Follow company cash control policies and procedures
3. Adhere to all laws and regulations regarding the sale of any government regulated products and services.
4. Obey company and health department safety guidelines for food preparation.
5. Detail cleaning of store interior and exterior according to company standards.
6. Stock and rotate products including coolers and/or freezers.
7. Complete training activities and pass minimum job performance standards.
8. Follow company general rules of conduct and code of ethics.
9. Other duties as assigned
Essential Requirements (total should be approximately 100%):
Standing/walking 70% Squatting/stooping 3% Lifting up to 40 lbs 7% Climbing 43% Bending 5% Reaching 10% Sitting 1%
Travel requirements - 0% overnight stays.
Handle hazardous materials – 5%
Budgetary control (select one)
$1M + $500K - $1M >$500K $100K > N/A X
# People managed: 0
Knowledge and Skills Education requirements, Experience, Special skills, and specialized training, etc.:
1. Customer service experience desired
2. Ability to perform multiple tasks at one time
3. Read, understand, and speak English at an eight grade level
4. Comprehend and perform basic math skills
5. Understand, comprehend, and perform basic computer and point-of-sale skills.
Problem How to Solve Managing customer care Follow company guidelines Improving sales and profits Suggestive selling Customer/employee safety & security Adhere to all safety and security policies, complete necessary reports, and communicate to appropriate personnel
Interaction With Nature and Scope Frequency Customers Transaction interaction Daily Other Employees Teamwork/ performing shift duties Daily Store Manager Informative and advisory Daily District Manager Informative and advisory Weekly Corporate Office Informative and advisory Weekly Vendors Perform receiving procedures Daily
Delek US Holdings' US petroleum business is a delectable mix of refining, fuel marketing, and retail operations. The company, a...