Aster Data(a fully owned subsidiary of Teradata) is a proven leader in big data management and big data analysis for data-driven applications. Aster Data's nCluster is the first MPP data warehouse architecture that allows applications to be fully embedded within the database engine to enable ultra-fast, deep analysis of massive data sets.
Aster Data's unique "applications-within™" approach allows application logic to exist and execute with the data itself. Termed a "Massively Parallel Data-Application Server," Aster Data's solution effectively uses Aster's patent-pending SQL-MapReduce with parallelized data processing and applications to address the big data challenge.
If you are seeking a startup environment where you can make a huge impact yet require the stability of a well-established and financially stable company, then this is the opportunity for you. Our small teams allow you the opportunity to be visible as an independent contributor yet give you the ability to move into more senior roles including technical leadership and management more readily.
We're looking for people who want to solve incredibly complex problems to build the next generation Internet scale data analytics platform. If you are one of these people, we'd love to hear from you.
About the job
The platform engineering team is responsible for the software stack for managing and monitoring the nCluster system. We also identify and tune new reference architectures for the nCluster.
- Design and develop software for provisioning, configuring and managing large clusters.
- Create new features for hardware and software resource monitoring and management.
- Collaborate on distributed systems projects to enhance system availability and reliability.
- Identify and performance tune new computing and storage architectures for the nCluster.
- Build automation tools and frameworks for performance characterization.
- BS or MS in CS.
- Expertise of C++ and Python.
- 3+ years in system automation and/or system management software development.
- 3+ years of application development on Linux.
- Strong understanding of systems principles including kernel, memory management, filesystems and networking (TCP/IP, IP).
- Strong experience managing a commercial flavour of Linux - RHEL or Ubuntu preferred.
- Practical experience with tuning different storage configurations (NAS, SAN, SAS arrays, SSDs).
- Experience in distributed systems programming or kernel programming a definite plus.
- Experience with virtualized enviroments (e.g. Amazon EC2, VMware) a definite plus.
Americas-United States-California-San Mateo
Aster Data Engineering
Teradata - 15 months ago
Trillions of bytes of data don't faze Teradata. The company designs and implements enterprise data warehousing systems that store and...