6-8 month contract.
Maximizes workstation performance by providing administration and scripting support for Sun Solaris networks
- Determines operational requirements by identifying PC workload requirements; analyzing processes and procedures; measuring physical layout requirements.
- Identifies PC systems capabilities and limitations by analyzing system architecture; testing systems.
- Determines PC systems configurations by analyzing operating systems, application programs, equipment speed, cost constraints, and security issues.
- Establishes LAN environment by configuring and implementing system.
- Maintains LAN environment by maintaining, troubleshooting, and securing system; monitoring usage.
Strong in the areas of Solaris/Solaris X-86, Solaris Zones, Suse and/or Redhat Linux (both would be ideal), and VMWare virtualization.
An understanding of AIX, Veritas products, shell scripting, and HP Openview would be pluses.
LAN Knowledge, Proxy Servers, Training , Multi-tasking, On-Call, Networking Knowledge, Network Hardware Configuration, Network Maintenance, Network Performance Tuning, Network Troubleshooting
Please apply direct to our company database here. You will be able to upload your resume, and requirements.