Serco Inc. is a leading provider of professional, technology and management services focused on the federal government. We advise, design, integrate and deliver solutions that transform how clients achieve their missions. Our customer-first approach, robust portfolio of services and global experience enable us to respond with solutions that achieve outcomes with value. Headquartered in Reston, VA, Serco Inc. has approximately 9,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1.5 billion and is part of a $6.6 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. Serco recognizes that our employees are our most valuable asset. Our successes directly relate to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. Our employees personally can make a difference. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).
The C5I Business Unit provides turn-key solutions and Integrated Life Cycle services in system engineering, enterprise architecture, business process engineering, networks, telecommunications and IT and space system engineering, integration, installation and operations and maintenance for a diverse group of government and commercial customers worldwide. The C5I unit has over 400 employees and some of our key customers include the US Air Force Space Command, US Strategic Command, North American Aerospace Defense Command, US Northern Command, Pentagon, Department of Energy, State Department, Department of Homeland Security, and other Department of Defense, Federal and State agencies and commercial customers.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Provide day to day production database administration support for Postgres 9.X server, Oracle 11g and 10g, Sybase ASE 15 and ASE 12.5 servers, Microsoft SQL Servers, and MySQL servers.
- Provide expertise in all aspects of database administration, including performance and tuning, backup and recovery, security, monitoring, software maintenance, tracking of deployed assets against license agreements, user access and access control methods, code and object promotion, and other general issue resolution techniques.
- Perform root cause analysis (both as a participant and as a leader) for database server issues, application performance and connectivity issues, and other infrastructure problems and provide findings, solutions, and recommendations to team leaders and management.
- Provide database support for the application development teams and other database users, including user account maintenance, code analysis and review, query tuning, database design, answering questions/requests for information about the databases and resolving connectivity issues.
- Provide support for data replication processes (Sybase Replication Server) including managing both warm standby and replication definition/subscriptions set-ups, identifying and correcting data inconsistencies, and monitoring replication server performance. Provide support for other data migration technologies such as ETL tools.
- Provide status reports and other information to management as needed.
- Experience with Postgres 9.X. , Oracle 11g and 10g servers, Sybase ASE 15 and ASE 12.5 servers, Sybase 12.6 and Sybase 15 replication servers, Microsoft SQL servers and MySQL servers
- Experience with ETL tools (Informatica)
- Experience with data modeling/reverse engineering data models
- Experience with No-SQL databases (MongoDB for example)
- Experience with Unix shell scripting
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
Bachelors degree and 4 - 6 years experience
Employment Type: Full time
Career Level: Mid Career
Serco , Inc. - 13 months ago
Serco employs over 100,000 people in more than 30 countries, delivering local services informed by many years of international experience...