We have an urgent requirement for our Direct Client, Linux Administrator.
Mason, Ohio location preferred. Remote will be considered. Work location is in EST.
Click Submit Resume http://graceits.com/mail.php
Bill Rate: Max $50 Per/Hr
4705 Duke Drive
Assists in the development and maintenance of network communications. Uses knowledge of LAN/MAN/WAN systems to help design and install internal and external networks. Tests and evaluates network systems to eliminate problems and make improvements. Requires a bachelors degree and at least 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area. This role must be well versed with the advanced engineering and administration of multiprotocol routers, multilayer switches, network security devices and network management systems. Possesses one or more industry standard certifications including CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, etc. ITIL v3 studies expected. Familiar with a variety of the fields concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Must be familiar with managed services concepts within an outsourcing environment. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
CUSTOMER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
Sr. Linux Administrator
- Responsible for all Linux administration activities.
- Responsible for assuring system availability and performance of all Linux systems.
- Provide second level support for customer problems and requests.
- Little daily supervision required.
- Install, update and maintain applications, middleware, system management tools, operating systems and network in the Linux environment.
- Responsibility for day-to-day operations of the Linux systems.
- Provide technical solutions for problems.
- Provide and maintain documentation such as Systems Operations Guides or Work Instructions describing local procedures, service level agreements, etc.
- Participate in medium to large projects.
- Able to effectively lead small internal projects.
- Strong Systems Administration skills/experience with at least 5+ years Linux Operating System skills, including administration, installation, upgrading, migration, configuration, and troubleshooting
- Hardware architecture knowledge of Intel based servers
- Experience in installing and applying latest patches for Linux Systems and hardware.
- Experience in installing utilities, compilers, 3rd party software, etc and configuring Linux from install media.
- Upgrades, installs, configuration and administration for the latest security and monitoring tools, and to ensure UNIX operating system releases and patches, as well as related systems software, are distributed and functioning on approved IT industrial standard practices.
- Strong technical experience in SAN Storage, Disk Management, and disk mirroring.
- Experience in monitoring the availability & performance of UNIX system.
- Strong skills and experience in Korn/Bourne Shell scripting to automate system administration jobs.
- Hands-on small project management, document development, testing, debugging, source control, and maintenance.
- Needs to have strong skills in Disaster Recovery procedures, dual sites replications and practices and backup/recovery processes and scripting as well as Unix security.
- Needs to have strong experience in Performance Management & Tuning analysis and benchmarking of enterprise system in kernel. Setup and configured network RPC, TCP/IP DNS, SSH, on Linux servers.
- Must be able to work independently but also as an integral part of the team environment.
- Able to provide system architecture guidance to the lower level of subordinates and Unix Administrators.
5 years of Linux administration experience.
- 1 year of experience managing small to medium projects
- Training and experience in high level Sever administration functions such as high availability, networking, or performance and tuning.
- Linux certifications required.
Phone : 732-421-7584
Indeed - 14 months ago