We are seeking Military Apprentices who are working towards transitioning their careers into the civilian sector. Our program accepts applications from military service men and women from all branches of the military. The program is designed to immerse an apprentice into a position for six months where they will be able to contribute to their role and learn many aspects of running our business. The 2013 military apprenticeship positions are paid $20.00/hour and provided with some travel privileges.
- Manages projects in accordance with established processes and procedures
- Provides project management support for company projects that involve coordination between various groups both within divisions as well as across divisions
- Develop project plans, charters, and schedules that support customer needs. Work with customers and business units to define the objectives, scope, and project deliverables. Negotiate with organizational management to obtain required project resources.
- Monitor project schedule, cost, and progress to ensure projects are completed on time and fulfill the objectives of the project charter. Communicate program and project status to participants and stakeholders in writing as well as in formal presentations.
- Manage programs and projects to design, develop, and implement new systems as well as process improvements. Lead teams in project execution and ensure the project follows established company project management methodologies and standards. Ensure that all program and project documentation is completed accurately and on time.
- Organize meetings with various work teams to collect and disseminate project information, plan and schedule tasks and resources, generate timelines, and structure a process for consensus and individual commitment for deliverables.
- Work effectively with internal and external groups to ensure successful completion of programs and projects.
- Identify and communicate any unresolved problems or possible timeline issues along with recommended actions for correction.
- Other duties as assigned
- Embody the Alaska Spirit and conduct oneself with Professionalism, Integrity, Resourcefulness and Caring
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing required
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple objectives/tasks required
- Ability to identify problems and collaboratively develop alternatives for resolution required
- Ability to establish cross-functional, collaborative relationships with business and technology groups preferred
- Ability to lead program and project efforts to completion preferred
- Minimum of 2 years working on project teams as a team member or project lead
- Demonstrated aptitude to independently manage projects
- Lead and mentored teams
- Apprenticeship positions are open to candidates with military experience
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air - 20 months ago
Whether you want to capture a Kodiak moment or down a daiquiri by the Sea of Cortez, an Alaska Air Group airplane can fly you there....