Responsible for the daily coordination of case carts containing surgical supplies and instruments necessary to perform surgical procedures. Maintains the surgical core area for sterilization, cleanliness, and organization of surgical equipment and instruments. May be required to transport patient to and from the operating room. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Typically reports to a registered nurse. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications :
1. Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technologist Program.
2. 1 to 3 year experience in central reprocessing, decontamination, and surgical scrubbing.
3. Previous Operating Room experience preferred.
Essential Job Functions (Physical Requirements):
- On feet a minimum of 8-12 hours, depending on length of shift.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires frequent stooping, bending, reaching, lifting and pushing heavy equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Read charts, dials, equipment settings, literature and other printed and handwritten materials.
- Communicate with patients, physicians, families and co-workers in person and on telephone.
- Work with equipment and manipulate equipment settings, computer keyboard, etc.
- KMC operates 24 hours per day each day of the year; operational needs of departments may require that you be available to work all shifts, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the patients.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment.
Kootenai Health - 18 months ago