- Responsible for hiring, training, work direction, performance and development of Payroll team.
- Responsible for oversight of the Corporate Payroll department and its functions – ensuring compliance and best practice in all areas of payroll including wage payments, tax filing, overpayments and reconciliation, international payroll, etc.
- Responsible for managing vendor relationships with multiple outsourced services providers. Convenes quarterly update meetings to ensure vendor accountability and review agreed-to service levels.
- Accountable for developing and achieving Payroll department metrics. Analyzes and updates existing metrics and makes suggestions for future metrics; ensures staff accountable for their role in achieving department goals.
- Responsible for developing, implementing, administering and measuring performance standards.
- Responsible for identifying cost-containment opportunities that maintain or improve cost-effective payroll administrative services for the business groups.
- Monitors state and federal employment, labor, tax, and pay practice regulations for updates and changes. Responsible for implementing changes and communicating changes with leaders and employees.
- Provides input and advice to HR Leadership on issues involving payroll policy and processes. Recommends development of systems- or process-improvements that support effective payroll delivery.
- Develop, design and embrace the quality improvement efforts within the Payroll department. Communicate objectives, convene regular team stand-up meetings, and lead process improvements efforts.
- BA/BS degree in HR or business-related field
- 5-8 years of Human Resource/Finance experience; 4+ years of Payroll administration experience
- Minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience with PeopleSoft Payroll for North America
- Minimum of 2 years of experience managing international payroll
- Minimum of 2 years supervising Payroll team
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Excellent time management skills
Competencies the successful candidate must demonstrate:
- Functional/Technical skills
- Customer Focus
- Developing Direct Reports
- Confronting Direct Reports
- Builds effective teams
- Peer relationships
- Informing / communicating / presentation skills
- Motivating Others
- Conflict Management skills
- Process Management
- Continuous Improvement
ATK has the people, strategy, agility, and products to thrive in a highly dynamic national security and space environment. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer
less than 25%
Years of Experience:
Payroll, ERP, Manager, PeopleSoft, Finance, Technology, Management
Space is not the final frontier for Alliant Techsystems (ATK), as long as its aerospace/defense offerings are paving new paths. Through four...