We are seeking a Systems Engineer with expertise in radar system and hardware performance analysis.
The primary role is to process radar and/or hardware component data, analyze performance, and create reports and presentations on analysis results and trends. This candidate will interface across a multi-function engineering team and with technical and program leadership. The successful candidate will analyze data using existing, and custom, software tools, and will provide detailed performance analysis in presentation and deliverable forms.
Results, reports, and recommendations may be presented both to internal leadership and the customer.
This position can be a Salary Grade E02 or Salary Grade E03 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or related technical field
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in analysis of radar system and hardware component data
- Demonstrated ability to apply the engineering design process to discover innovative methods to solve technical problems and develop system analysis
- Documented knowledge in software tool development
- Knowledge in Radar System Performance parameters, metrics, and measurement
- X-Band Radar (XBR) specific program and technical knowledge
- Knowledge and Experience using the following software tools: Matlab, Visual Basic, Perl, Excel
- Phased Array antenna theory knowledge
- Experience in radar systems test environments, and in development of analysis reports and presentations
- Familiarity with Raytheon businesses, policies, and practices,
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma and IPDS
- Secret (or higher level) security clearance, or the ability to obtain such clearance
- Excellent communication, technical writing, oral presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively execute tasks, resolve unexpected issues, and meet challenging schedules in a radar test environment
- Ability to convey technical issues and provide status briefings to managers and key program stakeholders
Business Unit Profile
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Mass., Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) has locations in Washington, California, Utah, New Mexico, Virginia, Texas, Maryland, Rhode Island, Alabama, Australia, Germany, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas including air and missile defense systems, missile defense radars, early warning radars, naval ship operating systems, robotics and other advanced technologies. With a global workforce of almost 14,000 employees and 2011 sales of $5 billion, IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Raytheon ("light of the gods") took a shine to its place in the upper pantheon of US military contractors; the company regularly...