Responsible for performing basic break/fix repairs following specific documented procedures such as replacing failed HDD’
s. Will work under the direction of a more senior Customer Engineer. Able to assist a more senior level CS&S colleague on installations and/or maintenance actions. This position will monitor HiTrack error logs on a daily basis and will take direction from a senior CS&S colleague to minimize or eliminate any impact to the Customer.
1. May assist with specified Installations, under the direction of a senior level Customer Engineer, depending on skill level acquired.
2. Replaces simple failed components, such as HDD’s, Controllers, and power supplies.
3. Responsible for Parts Returns and administrative duties such as maintaining Clarify.
4. Responds to trouble calls within the HDS Guidelines
5. Communicates clearly with other team members and management
1 - 2 years Technical College or Trade School training in Computer Science or related field.
Must have experience with Hitachi or like storage environments or Open Systems background is a plus. Must have basics of today’s technology platforms in the storage arena. Operating Systems knowledge is a plus. Must be able to work weekends and nights for on-call duty.
1. No direct reports.
2. No Budget control.
3. Scope of influence is medium.
4. Impact of errors incurred during parts replacement activities can be high.
5. Must be able to lift 60 lbs. and work around heavy boxes and equipment.
6. Must have a valid driver’s license and own vehicle.
Hitachi Data Systems - 9 months ago
Hitachi, which means "risen sun," is looking for a new dawn of profits from its galaxy of businesses. The...