Job Description Oversees the implementation, planning, evaluating and coordination of employee communications or media related activities. Implements policies and programs to increase employee or public awareness. May also handle a broad range of public relations activities..
• Develop and implement a formal communications and change management activities plan that helps achieve successful implementation of the Finance Roadmap initiative.
• Design, plan, and coordinate formal communications to support overall change strategy and successful implementation.
• Support change management activities for the project, including building and sustaining a network of change agents across the organization, and conducting and documenting stakeholder analysis.
• Promote understanding and agreement from senior leadership and project teams to proposed communications plans.
• Provide day-to-day joint leadership of the communication track on the Change Management Team, such as:
-Identifying, drafting, and disseminating needed project start-up communiqués;
-Working with Mobilization and Alignment and Workforce Transition Leads to identify key messages per target audience;
- Co-drafting communiqués, information packages, and presentation slide decks in various Microsoft Office and/or web-based formats;
- Coordinating material production; and
-Disseminating communication materials.
• Collaborate with project team leads and members to solicit content inputs.
• Collaborate with other Change Management team members to integrate formal communications into overall change activities.
• Analyze feedback and effectiveness metrics to adjust communication strategy as needed.
• Develops strategic communication plans and high-quality, accurate communications materials for employee audiences, such as newsletters, presentations, talking points, collateral material, multimedia (video / audio / social), web content, and speeches.
• Takes into account Cigna's worldwide employee population in the development and implementation of communication strategies and tactics, when appropriate.
• Partners effectively and collaboratively with other teams as needed, such as Marketing, Creative Communications, and Public Relations.
• Monitor and evaluate results of communications programs for continuous improvement.
• Experience in internal employee communications. Change management experience a plus.
• Deep understanding and appreciation of the rules and nuances of the English language; strong writing skills a must.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in communications or related discipline and at least 8-10 years experience in a corporate communications or public relations agency.
• Record of success handling multiple projects and ability to tie results to strategic business objectives.
• Evidence of keen insight into the integration between business and communications objectives.
• Proven analytical skills.
• Change management experience.
• Influence and coordination skills to work with other internal areas and outside vendors to meet deadlines.
• Creative judgment and strong communication skills.
• Experience in interviewing, communicating with, and negotiating with senior leaders.
• Tact and discretion to work with Cigna employees at all levels.
• Working knowledge of employee opinion research vehicles and their effective use.
• Ability to market key concepts and ideas.
• Highly collaborative working style and ability to interact well with team members and management to solicit timely content.
• Knowledge of various methods to distribute communications across different channels – digital, print, live, social, etc.
• Project planning and management skills.
• Strong experience with Microsoft Office applications.
• Familiarity with posting electronic documents to websites.
Cigna is a global health service company, dedicated to helping the people we serve improve their health, well-being and sense of security....