As a Service Technician with Diebold Inc, you will be responsible for providing on-site maintenance services to Diebold customers within an assigned territory. Perform intermediate level maintenance on assigned products, such as ATMs, electronic security products, VATs (vacuum air tubes), locks and vaults.
This position is on the south team, covering primarily Bloomington/Columbus IN.
Some essential functions of this position include:
- Maintaining devices independently
- Assisting in simple and complex installations
- Providing technical assistance to other team members
- Escalating and resolving issues when appropriate
- Engaging in team meetings to drive performance improvements
- Achieving monthly service performance metrics
- Use of various hand and power tools; use of ladder
- Take complete ownership of the service call while on-site resolving issues following call handling and call closure procedures consistently, and promoting a high quality of service. Prioritize calls and act decisively on behalf of the customer.
- Responsible for follow-through to ensure call completion.
- Meet fill rate requirements, maintain parts inventories and anticipate parts required to meet or exceed goals.
- Assist in inventory management for the Service Technician team.
Diebold, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- 3-5 years experience in electronics, and strong electromechanical troubleshooting ability.
- Successful completion of 240 hours of product training is required.
- Strong PC and TCP/IP diagnostic skills are required.
- ability to navigate the internet and internal documentation to locate solutions
- Understanding MS Windows functionality, and basic PC hardware troubleshooting fundamentals.
- Must be able to read blueprints and schematics.
- Must be open to change and act as an early adopter of new technology.
- Must display a strong sense of urgency, maintain a professional presence and demonstrate business acumen.
- Risk management and organizational skills.
- Able to function in a team environment,
- Demonstrate the ability to receive direction from and provide assistance to other team members. Demonstrate initiative, escalating and resolving issues at the service call level.
- Strong customer service skills
- maintaining positive interaction with the customer during a service call
- Able to attend customer meetings and conducting customer training (i.e. setting passwords).
- Strong selling skills, including the ability to identify and suggest basic and complex system enhancements to customers when appropriate.
Diebold - 17 months ago
Cash is king at Diebold. The company is one of the leading producers of automated teller machines (ATMs). In addition, Diebold offers remote...