Role Summary: Sells products and/or services to end-user customers in assigned geographic territory. Collaborates with multiple organizations in the sales network to drive field-based activities. Operates as a demand generator, expanding the addressable market by identifying the marketplace (including key verticals, top regional accounts, existing and net new targets), conducting discovery, and driving demand generation campaigns. Maximizes sales motions and achieves quotas by prospecting for new partners and accounts, building strong partner relationships and leveraging the sales network. Responsible for driving activities to ensure customer and partner satisfaction.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Maintain full accountability and ownership of accounts within assigned territory.
Coordinate activities between marketing, inside sales and the channel to achieve exceptional strategic execution.
Leverage key internal specialists, channel and partner organizations within the sales network to drive demand in assigned account(s). Coordinate and drive demand generation campaigns.
Serve as the customer’s advocate and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction. Ensure customers participate in CSAT/PSAT activities.
Drive customer and partner satisfaction by responding to issues and escalations in a timely manner.
Articulate Avaya's entire portfolio of solution offerings and how they meet the needs of the customer. Quantify the value of Avaya solutions, in hard and soft returns, in the context of the customer's financial and strategic objectives.
Actively participate on the virtual team to create a territory strategy, identifying new opportunities and applications, and bringing Avaya’s resources to bear in opportunity pursuit and close.
Conduct territory planning to enhance the quality of the sales pipeline, accelerate revenue generation and improve the customer buying experience.
Conduct market discovery, including key verticals, top accounts in the region, existing targets and net new targets, to grow addressable market. Support strategy to segment the addressable market and leverage partners in key target areas.
Utilize sales methodology, process, and tools to drive the end-to-end sales process and grow sales motions.
Execute within a value-based selling approach, focusing on understanding the customer's business issues.
Leverage Channel Account Managers to acquire new partners in key growth areas such as mid-market, video, and networking. Meet regularly with Associate TAM on partner recruiting activities.
Provide professional leadership and coordination of support teams, including business partners who support the daily transactional activities of assigned territory.
Deliver customer roadmap presentations and discussions linked to specific customer needs.
Serve as Account Relationship Manager, fairly representing Avaya, the channel, and the customer in all accounts and sales-related activities.
Role Requirements: The role requires a knowledge of and proficiency in the following competencies:
- Demonstrates business acumen and awareness of customer business priorities.
- Able to develop consultative relationships with customers and partners to fully understand needs and identify opportunities.
- Can conduct research and use business knowledge to create customer business and financial profiles to better position self and Avaya. Leverages financial information to manage business and drive customer discussions.
- Proficient in holding customer conversations that have impact at every stage of the customer buying process.
- Prioritizes work and manages time effectively.
- Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all with minimum of noise. Can represent own interests and yet be fair to other groups. Seen as cooperative and a team player who easily gains trust and support of peers. Encourages collaboration and can be candid with peers.
- Comfortable prospecting and making cold calls to potential customers.
- Willingness to travel occasionally (~25%) to meet with customers, partners and Avaya resources within assigned territory.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or relevant industry experience
Experience: 3-5 years related experience.
- Experience in selling and positioning of technical products and solutions in a high touch, commercial selling environment preferred
Avaya - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard
Avaya helps to tie the corporate world together. The company's communication equipment and software integrate voice and data services...