Provide legendary customer service through the use of integrity, product knowledge, positive attitude, and high energy.
There are several key responsibilities that a Team Member may be accountable for. These responsibilities will be given directly to them by the Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager or Team Leader and may include the following:
- Greet all customer as they enter the store.
- Practice 4 Keys to Successful Selling: Welcome the Customer, Make the Sell, Suggest the Sell, Close the Sell.
- Provide excellent customer service at the time of the time of the check out with a Sincere “Thank You”.
Team Members may also be required to perform one or more of the following duties on a regular basis:
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Operate cash register/computer
- Provide cash control within the department established by Tractor Supply Company
- Recovery of merchandise in assigned areas
- Freight in Eight”: mandatory freight night as assigned by Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager or Team Leader
- Plan-o-grams (merchandising, sets, and resets)
- Assembling merchandise
- Price changes/markdowns
- Deliveries, if 18 years old or older and valid Driver’s License
- Operate Forklift, if 18 years old or older
- Load outs
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager or Team Leader
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, team member is regularly required to:
- Perform and execute principle responsibilities
- Process information / merchandise through system and POS Register system
- Communicate effectively with team members and customers
- Read, write, and count to accurately complete all documentation
- Freely access all areas of the store including selling floor, side lot, stock area and register area
- Operate and use all equipment necessary to run a store such as a dolly, hand-truck, forklift (if 18 years old), computer and cash register
- Squat, bend, stoop, and climb ladders
- Move and transfer merchandise generally weighing 0 – 50 pounds throughout the store
- Work varied hours, days, nights, and weekends as business dictates
- Stand and walk for long periods of time often up to four hours straight without a break
Retail experience and/or farming, ranching, equine, or welding knowledge is strongly preferred.
Tractor Supply Company - 19 months ago
At Tractor Supply Company we’re much more than tractors. We’re a team of passionate individuals dedicated to the rural...