There is a community that exists inside our organization. Working as a team at Ashford University, we build partnerships while providing opportunities for students and employees to grow and become their best. We nurture our employees and strive to promote from within.
Ashford University’s vision is to provide high-quality, accessible and affordable degree programs that meet the diverse educational needs of individuals pursuing informed personal goals and success in their professions and communities.
Ashford University was founded on the principle that education improves lives. Ashford University employees witness such change every day. Ashford University is doing well by doing good, and we value the opportunity we've been given.
Student employment eligibility – Students must be awarded Federal College Work-study or Campus Employment to apply for any Student Employment positions.
Campus Federal Work-Study (FWS) provides part-time jobs for undergraduate students attending Ashford University Campus with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay education expenses. The program encourages community service work and work related to the recipient's course of study.
The Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG), Federal Work-Study (FWS), and Federal Perkins Loan programs are called campus-based programs because they're administered directly by the financial aid office at each participating school.
Work-study employees report to the Student Access & Wellness Manager/Campus Specialist. Assist and serve as peer students with disabilities in the classroom and in other instructional settings with mobility needs. Perform light office work and auxiliary accommodation services as required.
Essential Job Duties:
- Drive Office of Student Access & Wellness Accessibility Shuttle in order to assist Students, Faculty, Staff and Guests with mobility issues on outside campus grounds.
- Assist those utilizing the shuttle on/off, including but not limited to, raising/lowering ramp for access and maneuvering a manual wheelchair.
- Alert supervisor of any maintenance needs or repairs to Accessibility Shuttle.
- Clean/wipe down Accessibility Shuttle lightly as needed, and completely 2 times per month.
- Assist students with opening doors, pushing non-motorized wheelchair, and carrying items such as bookbag/laptop to/from classroom and in other instructional settings.
- Communicate effectively with instructional staff regarding your presence and role in the classroom or other instructional setting (i.e. Flavian Center, Library, ect.)
- Communicate effectively with students, instructional staff and disability support staff to ensure that student needs are appropriately accommodated.
- Perform light office duties, as assigned, in the Office of Student Access and Wellness.
- Perform accommodation services, as needed, such as notetaker for the Office of Student Access and Wellness.
- Ability to drive Accessibility Shuttle (golf cart) safely on campus grounds, and other instructional settings as needed.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license is required.
- Ability to manually push/pull individual in manual wheelchair.
- Ability to lift/lower ramp on Accessibility Shuttle.
- Ability to open and close doors.
- Ability to carry load of 30 lbs.
- Ability to write legibly.
- Ability to assist with coordination of Accessibility Shuttle requests.
- Appropriate and professional behavior at all times.
- Follow safe driving practices.
Note: This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background investigation, a credit check investigation, verification of education credentials, verification of prior employment history and a professional reference check; with review prior to an offer of employment being extended.
- 2nd year student and above.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually quiet to moderate.
Technology Changes Everything.
New inventions have already changed the way we look up facts, find our way around town, and communicate with each other. Now technology is changing education, too. Ashford University brings together a worldwide student body with the latest in learning technology as well as a traditional campus in Clinton, Iowa.
Because knowledge is everywhere, for everyone.
We offer our team competitive benefits (M/V/D/401k/ESPP) and salaries, a safe work environment, innovative training, accelerated career advancement, the ability to take classes and programs gratis, and a collegiate and collaborative environment to work and grow in. Ashford University understands that our success depending on the development of strong leadership within the organization.
To be considered an applicant, all interested and qualified parties MUST apply through the Ashford University online employment application system.
For additional information about our University, please visit www.ashford.edu.
Ashford University is an Affirmative Action employer that provides Equal Employment Opportunity to all employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, handicap or disability, or Vietnam-era or special veteran status. This policy is established and administered in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws.
Notice to Prospective Employees
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (the “Clery Act”), prospective employees are entitled to request and receive a copy of Ashford University Annual Campus Security Report. The Report can be accessed at 2011 AU Campus and Safety Report. The report includes certain campus safety policies and statistics on reportable crimes and incidents that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings, and on public property immediately adjacent to campus or accessible from campus for three previous years. The policies include campus security policies, crime prevention, and alcohol and drug use, and sexual assault, among others. To obtain a paper copy of the report, please contact HumanResources@bpiedu.com.
Wait, there’s more… For more up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @AshfordUCareers and @BPEdCareers
You can help people change their lives when they choose to pursue higher education and earn a degree from Ashford University. With more...