Profiles customer’s mortgage needs, analyzes financial information, evaluates loan programs for best fit, and negotiates rates, terms and conditions of the loan.
- Consults and services customers via lead generation program or referral sources.
- Interviews applicants to develop information concerning mortgage needs.
- Obtains and analyzes pertinent financial and credit information and determines which loan option best fits applicants needs and circumstances. Pre-qualifies applicant, negotiates rates, terms and conditions of the loan.
- Enters mortgage application in full accurate detail in the origination system. Obtains automated underwriting decision through appropriate system. Advises applicant of disposition and arrange for documents required from the automated underwriting system (AUS).
- Ensures the timely preparation and delivery of all forms and legal disclosures as required by regulatory guideline.
- Maintains complete, detailed and accurate knowledge of investor program guidelines and agency guidelines to minimize credit and/or rate risk to the Bank and ensure that all loan applications a re originated, developed and closed in a timely and professional manner.
- Follows all applicable laws and regulations. Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- 1-2 years mortgage lending industry experience, preferred.
- General knowledge of related regulations, mortgage products, and requirements
- Strong sales techniques
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Sound judgment and decision-making abilities
- Strong business communication skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize and meet established deadlines
- Proven business develop skills
- Effective analytical skills