Network Engineer II
Job Title Network Engineer II Requisition Number 7679
Reg/Temp Regular Employment Type Full-Time
Shift Day Work Schedule 8-5
Location Name Information Technology Services City SALT LAKE CITY
State UT Department UUH ISC 17C INFRASTRUCTURE OPS
Apply for this job:
Interested in this opportunity?
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member:
- Apply Now!
- Email this opportunity to a friend/colleague
Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailShare on printMore Sharing Services
The University of Utah Health Care is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. The University of Utah Health Care is committed to diversity in its workforce. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
More information about this job:Overview:
As a patient-focused organization, the University of Utah Health Care exists to enhance the health and well-being of people through patient care, research and education. Success in this mission requires a culture of collaboration, excellence, leadership, and respect. University of Utah Health Care seeks staff that are committed to the values of compassion, collaboration, innovation, responsibility, diversity, integrity, quality and trust that are integral to our mission.
The incumbent performs tasks associated with the engineering of network systems used in data communications services, including fiber optic, twisted pair, IP systems, switches, routers, and LAN/WAN systems.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Performs tasks associated with the engineering of network systems used in data communications services, including fiber optic, twisted pair, IP systems, switches, routers and LAN/WAN Systems.
- Collaborates with other team members and groups to identify and develop scalable network designs, solutions and policy recommendations.
- Ensures continued smooth operations of the global network infrastructure.
- Supports internal application groups by identifying and presenting their network-impacting requirements to the rest of the network engineering team.
- Supports and leads implementation of growing network infrastructure.
- Prepares various documents such as work orders, purchase orders, records equipment, facilities and systems, and budget paperwork.
- Operational experience with enterprise/carrier-class routers and switches (experience with Cisco and/or Juniper required).
- Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP, GRE, IPSec, POS, PPP, VRRP, HSRP and SNMP protocols.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Superior network routing protocol troubleshooting skills.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Five years of experience on a service provider or enterprise-level network in engineering or design roles.
- Network Certification such as CCNP/CCIE/JNCIS/JNCIE
University of Utah Health
- 2 years ago - save job