The King County Business Resource Center (BRC) is seeking a motivated and highly skilled Oracle Applications Database Administrator (DBA) Supervisor to lead a team of database administrators and other technology staff responsible for support of databases, middleware and reporting technologies for the Oracle EBS, PeopleSoft and Hyperion business systems. This position will also perform daily database administration activities, lead efforts to promote standard practices, and lead technology projects and system upgrades. |
The ideal candidate will be adaptable, resourceful, able to work under pressure to meet aggressive deadlines and will be an effective leader within a team environment.
Why Work for King County? King County offers an outstanding benefits package including employer paid medical and dental benefits, 12 paid holidays, vacation with pay, life insurance, paid sick leave, transit passes, and much more. Please see the Benefits tab in this recruitment or visit our website to learn about King County’s commitment to employee’s health and well-being: http://www.kingcounty.gov/employees/ .
Additional to note: There is no local or state income tax in Washington State.
Required Materials: King County Application, Resume (submitted with application) and responses to the supplemental questions.
For questions about this recruitment contact : Margie Viall at 206-263-1060 or firstname.lastname@example.org
* Supervise a team of database administrators and other technology staff responsible for support of databases, middleware and reporting technologies for the Oracle EBS, PeopleSoft and Hyperion business systems. Establish and monitor work priorities and schedules; provide guidance and mentoring; promote employee development. Hire staff and conduct performance evaluations.
* Coordinate the work of others and personally perform daily database administration activities to proactively support Oracle E-Business Suite Finance, PeopleSoft and Hyperion Budget systems. Support includes but is not limited to:
- Maximize system availability and managing database operations
- Performance tuning to improve application performance
- Troubleshoot and resolve of database and system issues
- Create new database instances, clones or snapshots; Refreshing instances
- Install application, database and middleware patches
- Manage backup and recovery of Oracle databases
- Support middleware and web servers including Web Logic, Oracle’s Business Process Execution Language (BPEL) integration services and Oracle Data Integrator (ODI)
- Support Oracle financial reporting tools: Oracle’s BI Publisher and Oracle Discoverer. technologies.
- Monitor and maintain database security and access
- Perform code migrations
* Lead efforts to promote standard practices; provide technical and project direction; initiate cross training and share solutions to facilitate consistent support of the three ERP systems; set standards for scripting to automate system administration tasks.
* Lead and participate in technology projects and system upgrades. Coordinate with King County’s IT Systems Engineering and Networks teams to plan and implement disk storage expansion, technical architecture planning, server and storage patching, firewall rule requests, and other IT technology work.
* Oversee the analysis and evaluation of new software and hardware technology and products and make recommendations for changes.
* Coordinate the development and maintenance of technical documentation for use by the DBA team.
* Develop information technology policies and procedures, and security plan; ensure assigned work group is in compliance with County technology standards and policies.
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills:
· Six or more years of professional experience as an Oracle Database Administrator supporting enterprise business systems including two or more years as an Oracle E-Business Suite Applications DBA.
· Experience supervising technical IT staff.
· Experience on an ERP implementation project as an Oracle DBA
· Expert level knowledge of Oracle Database technologies including installing and patching Oracle databases
· Expertise developing Linux/Unix shell scripts
· Expert level of SQL*Plus skills.
· Experience and skills troubleshooting and resolving complex technical issues.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Professional experience as an Applications DBA supporting PeopleSoft and/or Hyperion budget systems.
· Professional experience supporting Oracle application middleware and web servers including WebLogic, Oracle’s Business Process Execution Language (BPEL) integration services and Oracle Data Integrator (ODI)
· Experience supporting Oracle’s BI Publisher and Oracle Discoverer reporting tools.
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must show experience and qualifications that meet at least the minimum requirements in their King County application and/or attached resume.
Work Schedule: This position is FLSA exempt and is not overtime-eligible. The normal work week is 40 hours, Monday through Friday, however, at times,there may be a need to work extended and/or flex scheduled work hours to respond to service needs.
Union Membership : This position is represented by the Teamsters Local L117 – IT Managers and Supervisors.
Recruitment Process: The most competitive applicants will be invited to an in-person interview. A final offer of employment and hire will be contingent on successfully completing a criminal background check and reference check.
King County provides regional services to over 1.9 million residents including more than 340,000 people living in unincorporated areas....