Job Description:Key Responsibilities:|
for Shelton COE through effective prioritization,
- Manages and leads the Software Development function
customer focus and creative deployment of resources.
Sales, Service and R&D.
- Communicates and collaborates with Business Elements,
mid-size research and/or development projects by
- Contributes to the successful completion of small to
providing design oversight and individual participation;
ensures best practices are utilized.
and development projects through coordination with the
- Assigns functional team members to research projects
Sr. Principal Software Development Engineer and the
Supervisor Software Development; ensures maximum
utilization of team members.
administrative needs of his/her team (computers,
- Prepares budget on a semiannual basis to address
software, measurement instruments, reference materials,
training, etc…); monitors and approves expenditures /
expense reports against approved budget.
productivity / potential of team; understands
- Develops / mentors team members to achieve maximum
competencies of team members; develops product
development metrics to track effectiveness of
Development/Research Director level).
- Participates in global R&D process meetings (at the
communication of software development for marketing and
- Oversees the development, documentation and
supports evaluation of new technologies.
- Oversees the evaluation of competitor’s products and
and partners to identify emerging applications.
- Interacts and collaborates with field sales, customers
user requirements consistent with strategic business
- Oversees the definition and development of detailed
- Graduate degree and 10+ years of related experience
- 10+ years of managerial experience working in a team
and engineers in a technical environment.
- Prior experience developing and managing scientists
expenses and timelines in a cross functional or between
- Prior experience managing project and personnel
environment, working on multiple projects with
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-paced
constantly changing priorities and deadlines
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent team orientation
Benefits at Perkin Elmer
Competitive base salary and incentive compensation plan
/ Job training and professional development /
Comprehensive benefits package / Paid time off and
holidays / Tuition reimbursement plan / 401(k) with
match and immediate vesting / Professional working
environment that fosters career growth.
PerkinElmer is an EEO/AA Employer
PerkinElmer is a global technology leader driving growth
and initiative in the Environmental and Human Health
Science markets. The company is a leading force in the
development, production, marketing, servicing, and
support of laboratory instrumentation and ancillary
services throughout the world.
The Manager Software Development is responsible for
coordination and leadership of software development
teams in Shelton, Center of Excellence. This includes
prioritization and execution of work, as well as
communication between the Business Elements, Sales,
Service and R&D.
PerkinElmer - 14 months ago
PerkinElmer hopes to perk up those looking to cure a disease or clean the environment. The company makes instruments and research products...