Responsible for 1) P/L forecast and 2) the completion and maintenance of general ledgers,sub ledgers and financial reports of PRSI Trading Company (“PRST”) by performing the following duties.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Forecast, on a weekly basis, the profit loss for supply and trading
- Provide back-up and analytical support to Commercial group
- Analyze and reconcile purchases and sales
- Responsible for monthly accounting journal vouchers, reconciliations and entries, monthly inventory reporting and review for completeness
- Perform all month end close procedures related to futures activity
- Monitor monthly PRST COGS entry calculation
- Performs all aspects of daily accounting functions including, but not limited to: General Ledger entries, expense allocations, etc.
- Prepares month-end adjusting or accrual entries and participates in month-end close.
- Compiles, prepares, analyzes and provide various monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting schedules and financial reports to governing agencies, including investigation of significant fluctuations in balances.
- Compiles and prepares financial statements with footnotes for PAI business areas and/or specific operational division, as required.
- Reconciles inter-company balances with sister companies in Petrobras system.
- Maintains and reconciles general ledger and sub-ledger accounts.
- Reconciles and analyzes general ledger accounts and provides supporting documentation for significant balances.
- Develops accounting and desk procedures.
- Prepares, compiles, and answers questions regarding ledgers, schedules, financial statements and reports.
- Analyzes actual to budget comparison on monthly and quarterly revenues and expenditures.
- Assists company auditors with quarterly, interim and year-end reviews/audits.
- Must abide by all QHSE policies and guidelines
- Perform other duties as assigned
Ability to operate:•A telephone, fax machine, calculator, copier, scanner, and other non-specified office equipment
Written and verbal fluency in
- A computer with the following software: Windows, Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint: Lotus Notes, and other proprietary software.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions; to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Commodity brokerage accounting experience
Knowledge and Abilities
Accounting knowledge in oil and gas industry.
Demonstrated understanding of accounting principles and concepts.
Ability to focus on details and multi-tasking with minimal supervision.
4+ years of related experience.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B.B.A. or B. S.) or equivalent degree in Accounting, Finance or related fields
Certificates and Licenses
The working conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job is performed in a typical office environment
There are no outstanding physical demands of this job.
Accounting & Finance
Petrobras - 3 years ago
Petrobras is among the world's largest integrated oil and gas companies, engaging in a broad range of activities, including exploration,...