Computing Technician I
Department: Computing Infrastructure Services
Supervisor: Director of Computing Infrastructure Services
Location: UST Campus
Hours: Regular office hours
The University of St. Thomas, a private university committed to the liberal arts and to the religious and intellectual tradition of Catholic higher education, is seeking an experienced Computer Technician I. The computer technician repairs the computing hardware and software applications for the University of St. Thomas and enforces policies and procedures, which ensure that these services are available to the campus community.
Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Requirements
- Repair / Upgrades the computing hardware and software applications.
- Provides support for all client related activities, but not limited to CPU's, monitors, and printers.
- Works with Information Technology management to develop strategies to support University needs, which include developing policies and procedures for the campus client computing needs.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Problem Solving/Analysis: Performs in-depth analysis to interpret and evaluate obscure/vague information in the development of new solutions for complex technical and managerial problems. Problems may be atypical in a unit.
- Judgment: Activities and decisions are varied in nature, requiring both common and unusual problems. The job's manager is consulted for clarification of policy.
- Leadership: Provides advice and technical support for staff of functional departments.
- Customer Service: Solves usual and unusual customer problems.
- Evaluates and recommends modifications to services or processes based on customer input
This is a full-time benefit eligible position. Please send resume to:
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Experience: 1-2 Years in a client computing support faculty. Highly desirable experience with Symantec Ghost, and Inuit Track-It Help Desk software. Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Window Operating Systems and Office
- Certification/Licensing: None, but A+ certification preferred.
- Complexity of Work: A broad knowledge of principles and practices within in a technical field.
- Change in Knowledge: The knowledge and/or principles used in the job changes frequently; as a result, frequent study, and training is required.
- Has the ability to lift 50 lbs.
Human Resources - Ref: 1313
University of St. Thomas
3800 Montrose Blvd.
Houston, TX 77006
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer