Title: Manager, Operations Management - Night Shift Operations
Location: Mississippi-Madison-(PHARM DIST)
Job Number: 13002077JOB TITLE: Mgr, Operations Mgmt
At Cardinal Health, we''re developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities.
Family: Operations Management
What Operations Management contributes to Cardinal Health
Operations Management is responsible for strategic oversight and leadership direction within the Operations function.
What is expected of you and others at this level in Operations for functional success
- Works to understand complex functional situations by paying attention to the details of the tasks at hand and by breaking them down into smaller pieces.
- Collaborates with others and builds strategic alliances globally; negotiates to build broad-based support and/or persuades others in order to influence important outcomes.
- Ensures that clients have a positive experience; commits to meet or exceed client expectations.
- Identifies opportunities to improve efficiency while providing flawless transactions and services; manages monetary assets and other resources to optimize cost effectiveness.
- Measures and evaluates the effectiveness of protocols, programs or deliverables; compares measurement results to standards and takes immediate action to close gaps identified.
- The Night Shift Operations Manager will be responsible for all of outbound operations: Orderfill and shipping, overseeing 3 supervisors and more than 50 warehouse associates.
- Will be responsible for ensuring that Cardinal Health''s priorities are followed: safety, inventory accuracy, and productivity standards.
- The Night Shift Operations Manager will be responsible for interviewing, hiring, and terminations of employees.
- The Night Shift Operations manager will be accountable for maintaining all applicable local, state, and federal compliance, as well as maintaining strict adherence to company policies and procedures.
- The Night Shift Operations manager must be comfortable working without direct supervison, but maintaining accountability with his/her supervisors, day shift and weekend shift supervisors and managers, and Director of Operations.
- The Night Shift Operations manager must be capable of handling all operations and personnel issues that arise on shift and reporting them appropriately.
- Must enforce a culture of safety, accuracy, productivity, teamwork, and customer focus.
- High school diploma required; degree preferred
- 3-5 years related experience in a similar industry: Warehouse, Distribution, Cross Dock, Supply Chain, or Manufacturing with
- 3 supervisory/management skills in the same industry
- Strong communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a $91 billion health care services company that improves the...