Engr Director (Bluetooth)
This position is the Engineering Director of the Bluetooth Core and Products group within the Mobile and Communications Group.
We are looking for an Engineering Director to join our senior management team. In this position, you will be responsible for managing the development of all internally-developed Bluetooth cores for use in a broad spectrum of Intel wireless products, including PC's, mobile phones, and tablets.
The core technology developed by this group is currently planned to be included in multicomm chips that will be included in more than 35 different products. Because the Bluetooth core is used as an element of multicomm chips, you will be responsible for ensuring the core is integrated successfully in these multicomm chips.
This role involves direct management of the development of hardware, software and firmware for Bluetooth as well as working with the platform, board, silicon, systems, and operations teams within the Intel Wireless group.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Responsible for managing development of all internally-developed Bluetooth core products, including hardware, software, and firmware. This includes managing teams to developed products that meet stated requirements within agreed-upon budgets and schedules. Note that some of these team members will be direct reports and others will be indirect while others will be contractors.
- Responsible for interacting closely with platform, board, silicon, operations, and other technical teams to integrate the Bluetooth core products into various multicomm chips and platforms.
- Responsible for interacting with other management, technical, and business teams to develop appropriate schedules, budgets, and product roadmaps.
- Responsible for communicating development status to various levels of management and for and hosting operational reviews.
- Managing Global Virtual Teams that include participants from several different geographic locations. This implies the need to build an effective an efficient team that includes individuals from different cultures, who speak several different languages, and are located in countries in several different time zones. Managing these virtual teams effectively is a key aspect of this role.
- Ability to make decisions, form teams, manage group-level tasks, and meet commitments
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Ability to travel regularly to various geographic locations including various US sites, India, Germany, Israel, and other countries.
Plans, provides resources for and directs activities in engineering function to meet schedules, standards, and cost. Cultivates and reinforces appropriate group values, norms and behaviors. Identifies and analyzes problems, plans, tasks, and solutions. Provides guidance on employee development, performance, and productivity issues. Plans and schedules daily tasks, uses judgement on a variety of problems requiring deviation from standard practices. Inadequacies and erroneous decisions would cause moderate inconvenience and expense.
- MS with 10+ years experience in wireless product engineering, including 5+ years in Bluetooth product development.
- Firm understanding of board level, silicon and software development processes.
- Firm understanding of engineering issues involved in integrating multiple cores into a single multicomm chip (e.g., Co-running and Co-exciting.
-Working knowledge of other communication cores that could be included in various multicomm chips (e.g., WiFi, Cellular, GPS, FM, NFC, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven ability to exercise and influence in a multitude of interfaces
- Experience managing in a multi-national, globally distributed, development environment
- Direct experience in multiple engineering disciplines, including boards, silicon, software, and systems.
USA-California, Santa Clara
Feb 21, 2013
Feb 21, 2014
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
Intel - 19 months ago
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
We're not just about work, we're also about fun! Join us, have fun...