The Network Server and Virtualization Administrator is responsible for supporting and maintaining the University physical and virtual servers including Windows and Linux server operating systems that run in the VMware environment. This position also provides primary support for the NetApp SAN and IBM BladeCenter servers in the university data centers. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design, deploy, monitor, and maintain VMware server and desktop virtualization environment.
- Design, purchase, install and configure network server hardware and operating systems to efficiently support networked applications.
- Install, configure, monitor, and repair distributed directory services to effectively manage user access to networked resources.
- Install applications onto networked servers and integrate applications into distributed directory services as appropriate.
- Perform nightly, weekly and monthly backups of all information stored on networked servers based on information type and University information recovery policy.
- Design, install, configure, and monitor the adequate performance and capacity of centralized data storage for networked servers.
- Research, test, deploy, and update enterprise applications and server operating systems for the university.
- 3 years of experience with VMware virtualization technology
- 3 years of experience with SAN configuration and management
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory 2003/2008
- Expert knowledge of Linux Server ( SUSE and RHEL )
- Expert knowledge of NFS and iSCSI protocols
- Knowledge of Ethernet networking including TCP /IP Protocol, layer 2 and layer 3 network infrastructure and IP subnetting
- Knowledge of DNS , DHCP , HTTP , SSL , and other infrastructure and web protocols
- Demonstrated record of delivering quality customer service and communicating effectively (verbally and in writing) with all levels of employees in a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with IBM BladeCenter server hardware
- Experience with NetApp fabric metrocluster SAN solutions in an NFS environment.
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Maryville University - 30+ days ago
Maryville University is a private institution offering approximately 50 undergraduate, seven master's and two doctoral degree programs to 3,...