How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: Social Media Community Manager
Position Location : National Office, White Plains, New York
This is an on-site, full-time position.
Immediate Supervisor : Director, Digital Marketing
Department : Marketing & Communications
Position Responsibilities :
- The Social Media Community Manager is responsible for developing successful social media activities and for engaging LLS social communities across multiple platforms.
- This subject matter expert will act as the "eyes, ears and voice" of LLS in the online social sphere and will work closely with various departments such as Marketing, Public Policy, Patient Services and Research, to develop and maintain a calendar of messaging and promotional activation that is on Brand, on Strategy, and executed in a timely manner.
- Manage LLS presence on Facebook, Twitter, G+ , LinkedIn, YouTube, etc
- Develop and execute an ongoing social media publishing and promotional calendar based on LLS objectives and community feedback
- Drive community growth and reach across all social platforms
- Creatively and proactively engage with LLS communities and manage overall LLS social sentiment
- Support LLS blogging activities and PR efforts
- Assist in monitoring LLS discussion boards and forums
- Proactively communicate issues, opportunities and insights to appropriate teams and stakeholders
- Identify, track and report on key Social Media KPI
- Identify and pursue burgeoning opportunities in social media sphere
Position Requirements :
- Minimum of 4 years experience managing Social Media and Community Experience for major consumer-facing Brands.
- Proven experience managing social media campaigns and ability to apply social media solutions to a business environment.
- Experience with creating and managing content calendars for social media postings across multiple social platforms while maintaining attention to detail and on time delivery.
- Keen understanding of the digital and social media universe including Facebook, Twitter, Google+ , YouTube, Pinterest, Blogs, etc.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain relationships with key social media audiences, ie: fans, followers, influencers, & bloggers.
- Experience creating, managing, and implementing social media processes and reporting.
- Excellent written, verbal, communication and presentation skills.
Please forward resume, cover letter, and salary history ( SALARY HISTORY MUST BE INCLUDED FOR CONSIDERATION ):
Director of Staffing
Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
1311 Mamaroneck Avenue
White Plains, NY 10605