Cisco Capital – Legal Support for GET Segment
Cisco Capital is part of the Cisco Systems, Inc. group of companies and provides vendor financing for Cisco products and services both directly and through local finance partners to Cisco customers.
This position supports the Global Enterprise Theatre (GET) segment and will focus mainly on the United States. The position will also support Cisco Capital business in the U.S. as a secondary support for the Enterprise and Commercial segment. This position will report to the Director of Legal Services for GET.
Applicants should have broad finance experience (including leasing) obtained at a top law firm practice supporting multinational corporations, or in-house at a multinational corporation. Previous experience of in-house work is highly preferred but not essential. Experience in negotiating and structuring leasing and finance transactions with customers, programs with other finance companies and banks, and syndications is necessary. Development of standard documentation, related control policies awareness of regulatory issues impacting the captive leasing and finance business in the U.S. preferred.
This role is wide ranging with a lot of responsibility. We require motivated, self reliant individuals with a proven ability to work as part of a small team. Candidates should be individuals with a highly commercial approach who will thrive in a sales-orientated environment and have excellent written and verbal skills. Candidates must also have strong interpersonal communication skills, be prepared to work under tight timeframes and be comfortable being routinely challenged in the support of high impact, driven sales leaders.
At least 7+ years relevant experience and J.D. (or equivalent) required.
- negotiation of lease and loan agreements, agreements with finance partners and related documents
- establishing best practices for leasing and financing arrangements with business partners
- providing counseling on all financing activities in the U.S.
- due diligence in relation to new markets and products
- supervision of external local counsel and responsibility for budget
- general legal advice to the business and Capital senior executive staff
- training for sales and other functions
- drafting and review of policies and procedures
Work location is: New York, NY, Lawrenceville, GA, Research Triangle Park, NC, Herndon, VA, Richardson, TX or San Jose, CA.
Cisco Systems - 19 months ago
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...