The Director of Events & Sponsorships (DES) reports to the Vice President of Marketing & Communications. The DES is responsible for developing, overseeing, and executing events as part of the overall marketing plan to meet goals such as donor engagement and awareness, and in support of overall fundraising goals for organization. This role will also be responsible for developing and cultivating strategic marketing partnerships and sponsorships. UWGLA events reach multiple audiences including corporate partners, individual donors, the civic community and mass audiences and employ various formats (walks, community events, summits, etc.). He/she is responsible for:
•Overseeing and implementing all United Way events
•Fulfilling event sponsor benefits, exposure and recognition
•Ensuring all events reflect an understanding of the target audience(s) needs, wants and attitudes
•Establishing, building and maintaining relationships with the target audience(s), event sponsors and VIP guests
•Connecting target audience(s) with brand and creating pathways out of poverty mission
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Create and execute event marketing strategy and calendar to further UWGLA’s marketing and fundraising goals, in collaboration with Development and Community Investment Departments.
o Oversee several mass events with audience size of 1,000 to 10,000+ attendees, including United Way’s HomeWalk 5K to end homelessness (homewalkla.org)
o Oversee year-round events for corporate recognition and donor segments: Leadership, Women Leaders, Emerging Leaders, and Tocqueville Society
o Evaluate ROI on all events against organizational goals and adjust strategies to ensure impact of each event
· Oversee all aspects of event production: project management, budget management, programming and content, marketing collateral, site planning, vendor negotiations, analysis and reporting, and flawless execution day of event.
· Identify and cultivate event sponsorships to raise $1 million in sponsorship revenue for event portfolio; responsible for cultivating in-kind and media partners.
· Integrate best practice customer relationship management (CRM) into all event activities, from invitations to post-event follow ups to ensure data is incorporated into donor database and generate internal reports.
· Develop a deep understanding of UWGLA’s brand mission and positioning to ensure event programming and materials leverage the brand.
· Manage staff of two event managers.
· 10+ years’ experience in producing events, promotions, and/or event marketing
· Demonstrated strategic marketing experience with an ability to develop event strategy that maps to stated goals and objectives
· Proven track record in acquiring event sponsorships or brings transferrable business development experience
· Strong project management skills with ability to manage multiple projects across multiple departments
· Proven ability to implement of large scale events/programs, with a strong eye for detail
· Outstanding communication skills – verbal and written
· Collaborative management style which builds cross-functional alliances within and outside the organization, with a passion for mentoring staff
· Strong analytical skills and experience with tracking key performance metrics for events, previous experience with CRM systems a plus
· Ability to manage a significant workload, work at a fast pace and adhere to tight deadlines
· Team player with strong work ethic and high level of integrity
· B.A. or B.S. required, MBA preferred
execSearches.com - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard