GDC4S is seeking senior systems engineers with commercial or tactical military experience in medium to large converged IP networks. Familiarity with Information Assurance products, procedures, and implementation is also beneficial.
The senior systems engineer will be part of a team that plans, designs, develops and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products during the Post Deployment Software Support (PDSS)/Post Production Software Support (PPSS) phase of a systems lifecycle.
The job responsibilities/expectations include:
Education and Experience
- Perform requirements analysis, requirements definition, requirements management, functional analysis, performance analysis, system design, detail trade studies, systems integration and test (verification), validation and interface definition studies of system, subsystem or system elements with minimal supervision of the lead systems engineer.
- Perform technical planning, cost and risk analyses, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for subsystems and system elements.
- Perform customer requirements analysis, develops system requirements and defines allocations to lower levels (subsystem, elements and components).
- Perform detailed technical analyses for a system, subsystem or system elements.
- Research and analyze data, such as vendor products, COTS components, GFE/CFE, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
- Support the generation of technical engineering products by using the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle. Write Detailed Technical Procedures.
- Provide leadership and/or direction to lower level employees.
- Provide engineering support to proposals.
- Participate in SOW generation for subcontracts.
- Troubleshoot technical issues to solution. Provides resolution to a diverse range of complex problems which require the use of ingenuity and creativity.
BS Degree in Electrical Engineering, or Network Engineering, or a technical field related to systems engineering, or equivalent experience, is required. In addition, a minimum of 8 years of relevant communications experience is required.
Must be able to travel 20% of the time
Candidates should possess a background in existing and emerging technologies used in voice and data communications networks. Experience with data routers, data switches, servers, firewalls, and voice over IP is desirable.
Possess an understanding of the entire life cycle of a software project. Knowledge of software development is an advantage including exposure to C, C++, Java, Clearcase, VBScript for System Administration, System Hardening, Automation, and Installation techniques as well as Solaris/Linux, Windows XP, Windows 2003 Server, Windows 2008 Server, Windows 7, and MS SQL Server.
Must be able to develop, maintain, and follow engineering processes. Familiarity with CMMI processes an advantage.
Must be able to articulate technical concepts, to peers, management, and external customers.
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
Travel may be required
Security clearance may be required
Works without appreciable direction
Provides resolution to a diverse range of complex problems which require the use of ingenuity and creativity
Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve organizational objectives
General Dynamics C4 Systems - 8 months ago
With an established Canadian presence of over 2,200 employees in Ottawa, Calgary and Halifax, General Dynamics Canada is Canada's largest de...